Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4
eswube
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 6:42 pm
Good work!

Btw. that discussion on underwater hull shading raises again the issue of (re-)defining the style rules - what actually does constitute them, what is and what isn't allowed and how far one can depart from it.
There was a discussion about it some months ago, but I don't think it ended in any definitive results.
And if I may say something about it - personally I'm for relative rigidity of these rules, as my understanding of the spirit of SB is that's a collection (or whatever word could be used here) of ships made in common style (and also with preference for "official" or "standardized" parts).
(But that's just a digression, so if it were to start a heated debate, I suppose it would be better if Admins remove then this post in order to avoid disruption of this fine thread.)

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 7:17 pm
Here is the final drawing in the Dunkerque series, Dunkerque in 1940:

The livery is the dark Atlantic grey sported by both Dunkerque and Strasbourg. There the two ships joined The Force de Raid and comprised the 1ère Division de Ligne (1st Division of the Line). The white stripe on the funnel is a division stripe, Dunkerque received one stripe as the division leader and Strasbourg two.

Dunkerque's AA battery is now complete.

[ img ]

Last edited by David Latuch on January 5th, 2015, 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 8:04 pm
Lovely :D
Strasbourg to follow :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 8:37 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Lovely :D
Strasbourg to follow :mrgreen:
I am working on her forward bridge tower at the moment. ;) It is quite differenc from Dunkerque.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 23rd, 2014, 11:40 pm
Absolutely beautiful...can't wait for her sister ship!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 24th, 2014, 12:05 am
emperor_andreas wrote:
Absolutely beautiful...can't wait for her sister ship!
Neither me either. So far, Strasbourg is turning out shipshape.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: The French Battleship DunkerquePosted: December 24th, 2014, 9:29 am
Stunning work!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 4  [ 37 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4

Jump to: