Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
LEUT_East
Post subject: Rockhampton Class FFMPosted: September 9th, 2024, 1:08 am
Rockhampton Class FFM
The six Rockhampton Class FFM's are based on the Mogami multi-mission frigates of the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) but modified to suit the unique requirements of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). The Rockhampton Class version of the Mogami Class represent a significant evolution of the original design, growing the frigate in size, role and capability. The overall design focuses on anti-submarine warfare, patrol and mine warfare, emphasising affordability over multi-mission capabilities. All six ships of the class were built by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Australia) in Newcastle and Port Kembla under RAN Project Yoi Tomodachi (Good Friends).

The FFM's feature an advance integrated combat information centre with multi-role consoles, tactical tables and a 360 degree onmi-directional hi-resolution bulkhead mounted display which shows information from the bridge and engine control room. It can also display images of the ships surroundings utilising augmented reality technology to distinguish different structures or navigate the ship in the event of bridge or engine control room failures.

The Australian designed and built CEA OverWatch combat management system and CEA SubWatch combat management system are fitted along with CEA phased radar arrays.

The Rockhampton class regularly embark a Sikorsky MH-60 Romeo Seahawk helicopter for surveillance and response to support key warfare areas.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on September 9th, 2024, 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Rockhampton Class FFMPosted: September 9th, 2024, 6:00 am
Quite interesting design of an quite interesting ship. And with an "affordable" weapon load that gives it enought to fullfile it's mission and defend it self.

I do have to say it's quite an speed monster, compared to similar frigates (I can only thing about the Norwegian frigates with almost similar engine power)

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Rockhampton Class FFMPosted: September 9th, 2024, 7:00 am
heuhen wrote: *
Quite interesting design of an quite interesting ship. And with an "affordable" weapon load that gives it enought to fullfile it's mission and defend it self.

I do have to say it's quite an speed monster, compared to similar frigates (I can only thing about the Norwegian frigates with almost similar engine power)
Whoops, used the Castlemaine template and forgot to change the maximum speed. Lowered to 30 knots which is comparable to the Mogami Class.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Rockhampton Class FFMPosted: September 10th, 2024, 8:17 am
These are excellent! A neat idea that works very well.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Rockhampton Class FFMPosted: September 10th, 2024, 5:04 pm
Another excellent ship! Well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs”

Jump to: