Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 20  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1320 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 4:12 am
Your Perseus class looks a lot like my Clemson class with no credit??

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 4:25 am
Looks great Bezo, glad I could help :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 6:19 am
Glad to see this thread returning! I especially like the Odysseus-class DDs.

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 6:27 am
Colosseum wrote:
Your Perseus class looks a lot like my Clemson class with no credit??
Indeed colo, and Asley copied my Friesland class heavly, he did not serieus attempt, since he used an outdated drawing. This chould be fixed.

[Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 7:13 am
the oddyseus class will have serious power problems, seeing that it is an 1960 friesland class with only half the boilers!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 10:16 am
Well, I was the one who accepted them in the first place, so the responsibility is therefore mine. Colo, give me time to check this issue up. I won't have any contention regarding the credits, but I can do it only this weekend. Is that ok with you? ace: I'll look into your remarks too, and will do what it takes to correct things if need be. No problems. Like I said, the cruisers are the main topic.

Speaking of... I have edited all but the Thessalonike- and Kriti-classes, so if you're interested, you can have a look at them too!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 5:34 pm
Very interested...can't wait to see them!

-Matt

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 24th, 2012, 6:02 pm
This AU was and still is one of my favourites ever since I discovered this site. I'm glad it is not forgotten and I hope to see it expanded. Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 25th, 2012, 5:08 am
I finally got to make the promised edits. Instead of using the 'false' Friesland, I elected to pursue a long-standing desire and modify to my requirements the US Porter-class as a replacement. I also got to add one more class, which somehow never got posted in this context.

I hope everything is ok now and credits duly recorded too.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Royal Hellenic Navy's Cruiser Force 1925-41Posted: August 25th, 2012, 5:33 am
Two additional cruisers that served in the RHN, but whom I have not yet included were the old, but spirited Helle of 1912-vintage and the even older ACR Averoff (Giorgios Averoff) Since Navarchos already has provided us with two sterling depictions of these ships (the latter as if rebuilt by Ansaldo, Trieste, Italy, 1937-39), I will just go ahead and re-post them hereas a reminder of how they looked like.

What needs to be said is the following: Helle was stationed with the Black Seas fleet, not the Adriatic, as would have been her real-life service station. Faithfully she accompanied the main body of the fleet, often performing rather daring mine-laying operations right under the nose of the Turkish enemy. When the break-out from the Euxine was ordered, May, 1942, she bravely led the remaining Black Seas Fleet units through the closed and mined Bosporus, hitting a mine on the 23rd and blowing up with heavy loss of life - but not till she had cleared the Straits for the Cruiser Fleet.

The Averoff finally received her long anticipated rebuilding. That she was rebuilt in the first place was controversial enough, since the Hellenes held this ship in a particularly high and nostalgic esteem, due to her association with the famed Adm. Pavlos Kontourioutis.
She received a modern bridge, had her fore funnel trunked back into her middle one and received funnel caps. Four obsolete, Italian 100mm HA/LA two-barrel gun mounts were situated amidships; the ships casemates having been plated in and the secondary armament supressed. A flared, lengthened bow, enabled the old cruiser to reach 24.5 knots. She was also reboilered with oil-heated boilers.

For most of the time, afterwards, Averoff was relegated to the reserve; she functioned as the administrative flagship for the C-in-C in the absence of the CA Olympia, which almost exclusively served as the active flagship for the Euxine Fleet. After the war, she was quickly put back into the reserve, and is, today, along with the Olympia and Sphendoni preserved as a museum ship.

[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 20  [ 198 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1320 »

Jump to: