Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3
Sumeragi
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 3:37 pm
Quite an interesting design, might take notes for my own use.

My main issue is that Huangti-class uses the 450 mm naval gun the French were developing in 1920 or so. That by itself forces massive escalation of displacement, which is why my design goes up to 80,000 tons standard.

Oh, and it's she, not he =3

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 23rd, 2015, 6:36 pm
I guess one point, then, would be what environment it's operating in. If it's operating as Vichy French it might well keep the scout aircraft given the dearth of Axis carriers for it to operate with, no?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 24th, 2015, 7:06 pm
I have made a few changes to both drawings--cleaned up things in the underwater stern, etc. But most markedly, the aircraft equipment has been removed from the As Comstructed version. The hanger has been retained and the aircraft crane centered behind it and four 37.2mm CAD along with thier fire control directors have been added to the fantail;however the No. 4 turret is obstructed at ten degrees or less dead astern.
I am not convinced that I'll keep them there.

As Designed 1939:
[ img ]

As Completed 1944-1945
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 24th, 2015, 7:31 pm
Fantastic! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 25th, 2015, 12:50 am
Wonderful work David.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 25th, 2015, 1:30 am
Wow, nice work!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 25th, 2015, 2:48 am
Beautiful job!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: A Super-Alsace design proposed to counter BismarckPosted: March 25th, 2015, 8:35 am
Nice work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 3  [ 28 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3

Jump to: