Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 847 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 4:33 am
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
heuhen wrote:
the hull looks very deep!
Is there a problem with that?
Honest I have no idea if there is a problem
she shouldn't be deeper than Queen Elizabeth class, 9.19 meters (around 60 px).

A ship can't just be a hundred millions meter deep! The depth of the ship is basically proportion to how much the ship weight. if the ship weight 20000 tons, she push away 20000 tons of water not 60000 tons of water...

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 5:12 am
IS that a bad thing?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 7:58 am
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
IS that a bad thing?
Yes!

You'r ship weight only 27-30000 tons not 60000 tons. I can show it when I get home from work.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 9:05 am
Thanks for the info, I will edit the hull

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 10:57 am
Hi OberstAmiruddin,
OberstAmiruddin wrote:
The secondary armaments are based of the Japanese 140 mm casemated cannons
I've done a little checking and I think your secondary battery may bit a little too much - not necessarily calibre, but number - Nagato class ships carried 20 of these guns on a ship substantially longer (~600ft vs ~700ft) - and earlier IJN battleships carried only 16 - Ise class were 708ft compares your ~600ft and only carried 16 140mm casemate guns. These ships were up in the 30,000-40,000 bracket, too, I'm afraid I didn't spot the tonnage you'd got for your battleship.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 11:17 am
Does that mean I must lengthen the hull as well
I also originally wanted to have a six turret ship

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 11:55 am
Hi Oberst,

Well, I guess the first question is have you in some way verified that she ship will take the weight of those guns? I've you've got some modelling (spring sharp, for instance) to show my gut feeling is off that obviously takes priority.

If not, I'd try and find ships with a similar armament and see their rough dimensions and displacements - if you can't find a ship with this, it may be an indicator that the weapons you are choosing don't match the likely use of the ship.

Regards,
Adam

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 8th, 2014, 12:10 pm
I will lengthen the ship so it will be able to handle the guns

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 10th, 2014, 5:48 am
Well here is the revised version of Navansha class dreadnought, now with with six 12 inch gun turrets.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: September 11th, 2014, 8:28 am
Later in 1914, Rossiya sees that the 12 inch guns were not going to cut anymore, so they decided to rebuild the Navansha class battleships by replacing the twelve 12 inch guns with ten 14 inch guns.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 847 »

Jump to: