Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 54 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Go to page « 152 53 54 55 56123 »
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 8:20 pm
I might just have to draw a carrier to put them on. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 8:57 pm
Bombhead wrote:
I might just have to draw a carrier to put them on. 8-)
:shock:

A carrier just for my babies...

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 10:04 pm
I can't stand the look of the new QE so I was thinking of something like this.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 10:33 pm
Oh yes, the P.1216 needs a carrier! :D Why on earth the British axed what is quite possibly the sexiest plane of the modern era, no one will ever possibly fathom. :(

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 10:38 pm
I remember that Queen Liz. It was in Kijk magazine around 8 years ago, and I was pretty impressed by it back then. Not saying much because I barely had any knowledge about carriers back then...

AU carrier for P.1216 would be even more awesome. Glorious Queen Liz\CVA-01 crossover ftw. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 10:45 pm
wait what? 8 years ago?..... must be more, I have never seen it and I have every single Kijk there is since november 2003 :P

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 18th, 2012, 10:55 pm
Allways a big fan of this one myself:

[ img ]
[ img ]

Very slender island. There's a version with a ramp out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Andorianus
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 3:35 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
wait what? 8 years ago?..... must be more, I have never seen it and I have every single Kijk there is since november 2003 :P
You read Kijk too? Awesome.

I don't remember when it was. It was somewhere around 8 years ago; but I'm pretty sure it was at least after they redid the format back in late 2003. It could be that you missed it since it was an article of only one page in length and largely filled with pictures. I even have Kijk's from back to '92; the impressions of the JSF back then were interesting. So were the hilarious ideas of hydrofoil destroyers. 8-)

Never seen the concept that Miko posted before, but I like that one too. I say this as an amateur but I think there's some good use of parking space, and good thinking about the leftmost cat. The AWACS reminds me that the Queen Liz doesn't have those...

PS: Just saw the P.1216's ass. Looks almost as if it has three engines. But I guess those are the vectoring nozzles.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 3:48 pm
yep, I read it too :P I even have ones from before 1992, got them from my old school..... IIRC it goes back to 1981 or even further... think about it, articles about the russians latest aircraft and all haha
I am at my mom next weekend most likely.... I have my archive there..... but it might just be after the restyle and before I became an member.

for that P1216: indeed, those are the nozzles. the P 1216 used the pegasus engine of the harrier with an different back, (IIRC even an afterburner could be installed, making this aircraft supersonic)

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Planebucket Discussion ThreadPosted: March 19th, 2012, 3:57 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
yep, I read it too :P I even have ones from before 1992, got them from my old school..... IIRC it goes back to 1981 or even further... think about it, articles about the russians latest aircraft and all haha
I am at my mom next weekend most likely.... I have my archive there..... but it might just be after the restyle and before I became an member.

for that P1216: indeed, those are the nozzles. the P 1216 used the pegasus engine of the harrier with an different back, (IIRC even an afterburner could be installed, making this aircraft supersonic)
Eh, no. It used a new engine, and there was NO afterburner. Instead the cold air from the front fan could be burned (technically, Plenum Chamber Burning), which meant that it was the SIDE exhausts which would provide extra boost.
Also, the design was thought to be supercruising, e.g., would have been supersonic without PCB.

It really is a shame it was cancelled, because it would have given JSF performance at least a decade earlier. Well, with only marginal stealth.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 54 of 123  [ 1226 posts ]  Return to “Parts Sheets Discussion” | Go to page « 152 53 54 55 56123 »

Jump to: