First, what must be first :
Primero, lo que debe ser primero :

Hi there, folks, :D
Hola a todos, :D

My two cents here.
Un pequeño aporte de mí parte aquí.

Alejandro, my friend :
Alejandro, amigo :

try a diferent translator tool, as the one you are currently using, doesn`t seem to be working propperly.
intenta utilizar otra herramienta de traducción, ya que la que estás actualmente utilizando, al parecer no está del todo funcionando bien.

Unfortunately, there are too many words in spanish (synonyms) that have the same translation in english, but mean completely diferent things and have to be used in the right context, depending on what you want to say.
Desafortunadamente, hay muchas palabras en español (sinónimos) que tienen una misma traducción en inglés, pero tienen un significado completamente distinto y que deben ser usados en el contexto adecuado, dependiendo de lo que se quiera decir.

If it helps somehow, first use one translator tool to transform spanish to english, and afterwards use another completely diferent translator tool to transform it back, from english to spanish. If the result of this procedure, is the same as what you originally tried to say, maybe you`ll get undertood.
Si de alguna forma le ayuda, primero utilize una herramienta de traducción para transformar el español en el inglés, y después utilize otra herramienta de traducción completamente distinta de la anterior para transformarlo nuevamente, pero esta vez del inglés al español. Si como resultado de toda esta operación, es lo mismo que originalmente intentó decir, entonces así quizás le entiendan.

To a spanish speaker, it always is more easy to understand english speakers, but terribly dificult to make yourself get understood, in your reply. (as you must trust 100 % that the translation is correct, and unfortunately not always is right). :cry:
Para un hispano-parlante, siempre será mucho más fácil entender a un anglo-parlante, pero terriblemente dificultoso hacerse entender apropiadamente, cuando uno debe responder. (debido a que uno debe confiar en un 100 %, de que la traducción está correcta, y lamentablemente no siempre lo está). :cry:

For the rest of the crew, aboard :
Para el resto, a bordo :

First teach this guy how to draw propperly in the "shipbucket style", and don`t give much importance to any technical issue of how machines should work. After he first learns, how to render a ship in the "shipbucket style", then you could make an attempt to teach him something else. Mixing all issues here, you only get more "things" to get confused about. Don`t forget that this is what the "beginers forum", is for.
Primero enséñenle a este tipo a dibujar adecuadamente en el "estilo shipbucket", y no le den demasiada importancia a aspectos técnicos de como funcionan las maquinas. Una vez que aprenda, a representar un barco con el "estilo shipbucket", solo entonces pueden intentar enseñarle alguna otra cosa. Al mezclar diferentes aspectos, lo único que lograrán es que haya muchas mas "cosas" que lleven a mayor confusión.
No olvidarse que para esto es que es, el "foro para principiantes"

Back to "lurking" ........, (although I may be around someday) ;)
De vuelta al "fisgoneo" .........., (aunque podría estar por aquí algún día u otro) ;)

Oh yes, ........
bye and happy new year (kind of late, but always better late than ever)
:lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ESP LEPANTOPosted: January 8th, 2013, 3:16 pm
RICKDOG!

Haven't seen you in ages. What brings you back?

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: ESP LEPANTOPosted: January 8th, 2013, 4:49 pm
I'll join Collo's greeting Rickdog welcome back my friend. it has been a while

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
rickdog
Post subject: Re: ESP LEPANTOPosted: January 8th, 2013, 7:29 pm
Gee, thanks for the greetings guys.

I just happened to be "lurking" around, as I do from time to time (mostly in Real life section for ships and sometimes in the Parts section and the non shipbucket FD section, specially for airplanes) round here, and decided to take a look at some past threads from last year in sections where I don`t usually visit, and saw the ussual mess regarding spanish speaking folks, :shock: , who don`t understand much or even nothing of english, that happened in the "Reino de España" thread, that was unfortunately locked, so as I couldn`t add my 2 cents there (most of all, if I can contribute here somehow, it will not be precisely drawing), and as Alejandro seemed, to me, to be a perfectly balanced kind of person and someone who really is trying to achieve something here, I decided to post my opinion on this issue here in this topic instead, as his translation tool is giving him a hard time as it messes up whatever is being said to him and the same with his replies as well ( to me, as to anyone who dominates both languages, can easily notice this issue), the same is happening in his other thread (F300) in this section and specially in the closed thread. Specially concerning some technical aspects of ships, which as I said before it only gets him more confused in whatever you are trying to teach him regarding of how to render propperly his drawing instead.

Remember that not everyone round here, knows exactly what is the purpose of each device (I include myself among the "dopes" who doesn`t, :oops: ), so when you point out at me that this "thing", that I may happen to not know what you are talking about, doesn`t go where it was put and should be changed by the correct one in another position, all you will get is more confussion, and no change in the original drawing regarding the "device". And it will not be due to stubborness, but by a simple language barrier. ;)

History here, is sadly somehow repeating itself, very similar to what happened with a friend some of us had around here, which probably meant his final departure. But that was another story. This is a new one and still in time to do something about it.

So basicly, all I`m asking for, is to stay as "simple" as possible and give him more importance to the actual drawing of the ship. As a beginer, I believe he is entitled to have at least some credibility in what he wants to achieve. Of course if after a complete year nothing happens with him, dump him (I may even join in to do so, I still remember how fun it was back in the days of christ to throw rocks at people, :twisted:), but till then, you must give him a chance to make it happen. Once he gets that corrected, then you might attempt to teach him "what is what" and where it should go. Oh yes, a lot of patience is required as well, but in time as you see the results he achieves for himself, it will be gratifying for you guys, as deep inside you`ll know that it will be due to your help that made it all possible.

;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 5 of 5  [ 46 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5

Jump to: