Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm
you should make an folder in dropbox named 'public' and link from there to show the image on this website

[Profile] [Quote]
mrld27
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
if you want an better ship then the canterbury, I suggest taking a look at damen schelde's enforcer series here:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=13&t=996
the merwede design of the canterbury is...... well, an ferry. nothing less, nothing more. she ferries troops, anything else you want her to do won't really work. going cheap is not the best option for warships :P
You do have a point there lol.

[Profile] [Quote]
mrld27
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 2:51 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
you should make an folder in dropbox named 'public' and link from there to show the image on this website
Thanks, I'll try that. And here it is: [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
mrld27
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 5:00 pm
[ img ]

This ship is mostly mine although I reused the bridge windows, RHIB, and .50 from the modification of Sailor82's Canterbury that I did, but I did much of this by myself, although once again some credit belongs to Sailor825 because I reused his bridge, RHIB, and weapon. The reason I did this is because I had some trouble with those three aspects of the design. I'm just not there yet on Microsoft Paint.

The USS Pinchot is pretty basic design (at least this version) from a concept from BMT Defense Services in the UK called the COHORT EEZ Management Vessel. This vessel is meant to serve as primary multipurpose vessel of the Pennsylvania Naval Militia. She's armed with a 25mm cannon, and two M2 machine guns.

See the PDF below for the design of the ship. I didn't go off BMT's color scheme because this is meant to be a Naval Militia vessel in my little alternate universe.

http://media.bmt.org/bmt_media/resource ... CMar06.pdf

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 5:14 pm
uhm.........
for something that is completely documented and has even the plans on the pdf you posted, that ships looks awfully...... wrong.
could you try to draw that ship itself first before trying an AU version? I think it would be an welcome addition to the never build folder.

[Profile] [Quote]
mrld27
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 5:44 pm
I know I stink with paint. I'm still new to this.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Pennsylvania Naval Militia (alternate universe)Posted: September 22nd, 2012, 5:46 pm
well, the best way to learn is by doing real ships ;) read here for some more ships of how to become one of the best, as you have made an good start, much better then most
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=3287

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: