Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 8 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:28 pm
We're still waiting on those calculations

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:31 pm
It looks fairly good now. I think the conning tower could be a bit more squarish, so dump the sloped sides.
The funnels on the other hand would look better if they were a bit more circular.
I would also advice either using parts sheet AA guns(suggestively the Pom-pom), or redo them.
And like some have already said: it would be good if you changed the planes so that they come from more similar times of tech.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:43 pm
BB1987 wrote:
If the drawing does show the carrier in a timeframe that precedes 1940s you have too much AA.
timeframe = last 10-20 years due the technological advancement in aircraft being slowed due to Zeppelins being preferred.
KHT wrote:
I would also advice either using parts sheet AA guns(suggestively the Pom-pom), or redo them.
And like some have already said: it would be good if you changed the planes so that they come from more similar times of tech.
1) They are of my own design and they are muti-barrelled guns.
2) same can be said for the Swordfish.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:51 pm
APDAF wrote:
timeframe = last 10-20 years due the technological advancement in aircraft being slowed due to Zeppelins being preferred.
Last 10-20 years? You mean the 1990s-2000s? Because frankly, given your track record, that's exactly what I expect.

I don't know why you insist on going through such a twisted set of mental gymnastics for irrelevant details on a backstory that is both itself utterly unimportant and something absolutely nobody but you cares for. As I've said before, cut the backstory details out and just draw. Just let us infer a slightly less insane time period/technological base from the drawings itself. It will make things easier, at least on our end.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 9:01 pm
The Pom-pom was usually mounted in quad, sext, or oct. mounts, and the design you persue looks somewhat gatling gun-based, i.e. reminicent of many CIWS.
Still, the Swordfish entered service 1936, while your older plane looks like something from at latest the '20s. And by the end of WW2, they were mostly used for ASW and training.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 9:48 pm
KHT wrote:
the design you persue looks somewhat gatling gun-based, i.e. reminicent of many CIWS.
To me it strikes me as being an updated Hotchkiss revolver cannon which is a late 19th century weapon (one of the first anti-torpedo boat weapons).

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 26th, 2012, 6:22 am
Ah! I'll back down on it's apprearance then but I'm not sure it would qualify as a good AA gun...(yes I read the other posts, but I doubt it would be much use during the '30s/40s.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 26th, 2012, 8:26 am
KHT wrote:
Ah! I'll back down on it's apprearance then but I'm not sure it would qualify as a good AA gun...
Well considering that it wasn't designed as an AA gun (being from the late 19th century it probably had low muzzle velocity) it probably wasn't a good AA gun to begin with ;)

Though IIRC they were used to shoot down scout balloons. I guess that qualifies.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 8 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8

Jump to: