Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1629 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 4th, 2012, 1:51 pm
I'm still deciding between the Moskva and the Kiev setup. It all depends on how this comes together. Right now, though, I am going to stick with this layout. The hangar is below the main deck, like in the Kiev and there will be two elevators.
Concerning the CIWS, I was actually considering doing it offset, like having the Port side Bow CIWS and the Starboard side Stern CIWS, so that it would bring my number to 4, and also give me some more room on the deck.
The VLS that I have there now is really just for Aesthetics. I will probably change it later, but for now it's a place holder.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 5th, 2012, 11:46 am
I'd ditch half the CIWS and raise them up a deck or so so they can fire across the flight deck without endangering landed helicopters.
(Airborne helicopters are an entirely different matter, but that would be the case no matter what you do)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 7th, 2012, 9:43 pm
I've made some updates on my HAC but not enough for it to be posted.

As for my cargo aircraft.. After doing so many changes and mods to it I didn't like what I had gotten myself into so I will just stick with the one I originally drew.

I am looking for large aircraft to fill numerous roles in my AF. While Right now I have already drawn the C-89/707s, I am looking towards a more modern fleet makeup. I might keep the C-89s for other roles but here is what I am thinking. I am considering to buy most of our large aircraft from Boeing (besides the multirole cargo aircraft).

KC-747 or KC-777 for refueling large aircraft
KC-767 to fill the place of the KC-89/KC-707
E-767 to fill the place of the E-89/E-3 Sentry
And then using those same 2 aircraft types to fill in other roles that the C-135 would have played. Maybe also a maritime patrol version, but I could just as easily use a P-8 for that.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions?

Oh, and for anyone that says Airbus...

NO Just no..

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
travestytrav25
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 7th, 2012, 11:03 pm
I'd love to see the tanker version of the 777 that Boeing has supposedly had on its drawing boards for years. Apparently they offered it to the Air Force a while back, but there was no interest in it.

The 767 is probably the most versatile airframe since it already fills the tanker and AWACS roles, and you could just order them off the shelf. That'd definitely safe you a lot of development costs.

You may also consider the new 787. As far as I know they haven't started developing military variants of it, yet, but it'd be a great airframe for it. It's larger and can lift more than the 767, but it's smaller and more economical than a 777 or 747. With it's extremely economical engines and really long range it would probably even make a good larger, super long-range MPA/ASW aircraft. The only problem with it is development costs would be high, and it's a new aircraft, so it'd be more expensive than a 767.

And I'm totally with you on Airbus. They make a really good aircraft, but...for some reason I just like Boeings better.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: August 7th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Yanks ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: September 7th, 2012, 2:27 am
Ok. Time to get this rolling again. I've worked on the Air Force list a little bit. This is what I have:

[ img ]

I'm not looking for any comment on the aircraft themselves, just the numbers. The aircraft are merely representations of what they might be.

The air force size is around 35,000.

Quick question: With AEW&C aircraft, is it possible to put a radome on a prop aircraft, like the large tactical transport I have?

I may not post ships soon. I am trying to get the history of the islands firgured out, and then from that I'll try to get more realistic names for the cities, geographical features, and major companies.
Currently for the names and languages am thinking along the lines of this: "French Influences on naming conventions and traditions, but with a heavy immersion of English to the point where English is the main language and French is the secondary recognized language."

Any feedback on this subject would be appreciated, but please go easy on me :D .

Thank you for your help!
-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: September 7th, 2012, 2:42 am
ezgo394 wrote:
Quick question: With AEW&C aircraft, is it possible to put a radome on a prop aircraft, like the large tactical transport I have?
Google is your friend.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: September 7th, 2012, 3:04 am
Crap. Yeah, I forgot about those. Thanks TimothyC... *bangs head on desk*

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: September 7th, 2012, 3:29 am
Looks like a really nice air force
only question is that if it is s modern why have piston engined flying C-119s and a turbo propped fighter bomber in service.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: September 7th, 2012, 3:37 am
The C-119s are going to be equipped with turboprops, and what you're refering to is actually for ground attack, like the A-10.

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1629 »

Jump to: