Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 17 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1929 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 10th, 2012, 2:14 am
Thanks for the replies

I guess I could outift my vehicles with remote stations.
I will probably do more 'variants' of the ATI-4 with different weapons, and real turrets.
As for rockets, I will probably equip some models with ATGMs.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

Last edited by ezgo394 on November 29th, 2012, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 15th, 2012, 1:23 am
Just finished this. It's based on the M-35, M-54, and the M-939
(It is a 5 ton truck)
IMAGE REMOVED
I still have a few details to add (like the drive shafts :lol: ).

Comments welcome.
Enjoy

-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

Last edited by ezgo394 on December 2nd, 2012, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Cruel2BEkind
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 25th, 2012, 3:49 am
You going to add simple covered backs on them? Steel frame and canvas?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 26th, 2012, 1:24 am
Nah, I'll do that later. I'm trying to get most of my vehciles done for the 1990s-2000s era, and after that I'll work on the little details.

Here is my long awaited TEL, based on the SS-16 Sinner/Maz-547 chassis. This is the largest (or second largest) ICBM we operate.
[ img ]

Coming up next:

Medium Tank
Tracked IFV and 6x6 APC
Armored Recovery Vehicle
10 & 15 Ton Heavy Truck
12 & 17 Ton Heavy HalfTrack Truck
155 and 205mm Propelled Howitzers
155, 185 and 255mm Towed Howitzers
and any other vehicle I feel like drawing.

Comments are much appreciated, so don't be shy! :P

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 12:31 am
Ok, up next is a 6x6 APC based off of the BTR-152.

[ img ]

We still use this and it forms the backbone to most of the Army's Infantry units. It has been upgraded many times since it entered service in the 50s.
The upgraded version implements a thicker armor (15mm all around), a 30mm Vee-hull underneath and a fully enclosed turret with a .50 cal machine gun.

It has a carrying capacity of 13 fully equipped troops.

-EZ-

[Profile] [Quote]
Cruel2BEkind
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 12:44 am
Will you have the range of your vehicles and other stats later?
Still me favorite AU :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 12:48 am
How on earth do you retrofit a V-hull? You'll need a new front and rear cab, chassis, suspension, drive train and engine setup in order to implement it.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 12:52 am
Yeah, I'll post other stuff later. Drawing the vehicles out makes it easier to visualize the rest of the AU.

It has an added Vee-hull. The original truck had no armor underneath and everything was exposed. All it is is 2 30mm plates welded to the underside to add extra protection (in the form of a Vee). With the extra weight from the added armor, the engine was replacd with a newer twin turbo diesel instead of the gas engine on the original.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 8:20 am
Also, that thing is now very top-heavy. That's exactly the last thing you want with a Vee-hull.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 27th, 2012, 3:01 pm
Yeah, I was gonna go with a turret like on a BTR, with a low profile shape, but I don't want the interior to be too cramped.

EDIT:

To be honest though, I'm open to more modern options. The reason I went with the BTR-152 styling was becuase it was 1) based off of a truck chassis (which makes it easier and less expensive to produce) and 2) could carry 13 troops into combat. As long as my vehicle has both of those options then I'm open to pretty much anything. I don't want to have to split my squad between two vehicles, or go with something that I have to design completely from the ground up. Of course the biggest thing is the 13 (14 for a platoon leader) troop capacity, so like I said I'm really open to anything.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 17 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 115 16 17 18 1929 »

Jump to: