Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 
iiradned
Post subject: Deck spacingPosted: September 14th, 2024, 7:50 pm
What is the typical deck spacing on modern warships?

By deck spacing, I mean the spacing between deck plates. I keep seeing videos and pics of warships where the conduits and piping for wiring, ventilation, and other things suspended from the top being only 6 inches above the heads of crew members (mostly those of European ancestry about 6 feet tall plus or minus 3 inches).

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Deck spacingPosted: September 15th, 2024, 5:32 am
iiradned wrote: *
What is the typical deck spacing on modern warships?

By deck spacing, I mean the spacing between deck plates. I keep seeing videos and pics of warships where the conduits and piping for wiring, ventilation, and other things suspended from the top being only 6 inches above the heads of crew members (mostly those of European ancestry about 6 feet tall plus or minus 3 inches).
it's different from ship to ship, there is basically no thumbs of rule just that you need space to walk and have space for ducts and cable. Most of the time on ships you can manage with 1.9 to 2.1 meter head room, then additional 0.4 to 0.8 meter spacing for cables and ducks. for example in Shipbucket we us 18 px as standard (2.74 meter) withing those 18 px include space a person needs to walk, space for ducts and cable and the thicknes of the deck it's self.

But there is also regulation from country to country on how things should be designed etc. For example where I am studying at the moment in Australia, some rules for interior spacing... wouldn't be allowed in Norway where I am from.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic”

Jump to: