Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
rickdog
Post subject: Whale wars took place in last hours in Antarctic watersPosted: February 20th, 2013, 2:47 pm
In the last 9 hours Sea Shepherd ships have succesfully avoided the Nishim Maru to refuel in Antarctic waters from a South Korean tanker, although the factory ship rammed their ships many times, including the tanker in its attempts against the Sea Shepherd ships causing lots of damage in all the ships.

By now, hostilities seem to have come to an end, but being so close one to the other and as the factory ship seems to be very low on fuel, in the next hours "things" can still happen........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-20/s ... ip/4530080

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gD-UimYKRw

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Whale wars took place in last hours in Antarctic watersPosted: February 20th, 2013, 3:09 pm
I think that people need to be careful about the glorification of a terrorist and piracy organization. I mean, they've falsely flown the White Ensign, have attacked ships with limpet mines in port, and have rammed ships on the high seas.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Whale wars took place in last hours in Antarctic watersPosted: February 20th, 2013, 3:46 pm
Oh dear...

These threads have been started here before and they have never ended well. I would request that a staff member lock this before it gets out of hand, since these normally veer into political discussion which is OFF LIMITS at Shipbucket.

[Profile]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Whale wars took place in last hours in Antarctic watersPosted: February 20th, 2013, 3:48 pm
How come if someone rams his car into a gas station his a dangerous lunatic but if he rams his boat into a tanker he's a hero?
I may agree with their mission, but it remains a fact that the Sea Shepard Foundation is little more than glorified pirates and terrorists.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Whale wars took place in last hours in Antarctic watersPosted: February 20th, 2013, 3:49 pm
Colosseum wrote:
Oh dear...

These threads have been started here before and they have never ended well. I would request that a staff member lock this before it gets out of hand, since these normally veer into political discussion which is OFF LIMITS at Shipbucket.
*Clink*

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to β€œOff Topic”

Jump to: