Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Forum problemPosted: August 14th, 2024, 12:50 pm
Blackbuck wrote: *
If people wish to be kept up to date with he goings on the best place for that is the discord.
Then why do we have a forum, where we can post and ask questions.... Not everybody want to use discord. Discord should never be an replacement for discusion and information for the forum. The forum should always be the main channel for all discusion and information, discord role should be a helping tool and for those that want to talk "more"

If there is problems on the forum, the information about the problems should be posted there and that it is being worked on. It would be like a news channel like BBC, never presenting their news on TV and on their web-page, but instead get a letter in their mailbox

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Forum problemPosted: August 14th, 2024, 5:05 pm
The announcement about it was made on the discord because when all other official parts of shipbucket are hard to access (main site, forum and wiki) , that is the place people check. (Because when the forum is working, nobody has any use for information about it sometimes not working)

And sadly, many conversations these days happen to take place on the discord. Nobody can force people to do anything in a certain place, so if more people use the discord then use the forums, that is not something the staff can decide on changing. The forum is used for uploading stuff for the main site and the challenge entries and to show work so it doesn't get buried in the discord chat....... but discussion has mostly left the forums these days. You can complain about that if you want, but don't think that will change anything (unless you complain about it on the discord, where the people who you want to influence it might read it :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Forum problemPosted: August 14th, 2024, 6:05 pm
the forum was periodically working, we was still managing to post drawings and comments, then admin should be able to post a message about a forum problem

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Return to “General Discussion” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: