Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
ALTA2017
Post subject: ••••Posted: September 4th, 2013, 12:05 pm
CLOSED

Last edited by ALTA2017 on September 5th, 2013, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Will someone draw this for me?Posted: September 4th, 2013, 12:14 pm
Credit? $25.00 via Paypal an you've got a deal ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Will someone draw this for me?Posted: September 4th, 2013, 1:10 pm
24$! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Will someone draw this for me?Posted: September 4th, 2013, 4:35 pm
This is the second thing you've requested to be drawn. Saying 'I have neither time nor skill/patience' smacks of contempt and laziness. Shipbucket, as I stated in the rant thread, isn't a request resource, its a collaboration of many artist's hard work and time. I myself lack art skills in the real-life, doesn't mean I give up. It can take a few weeks to a few months to get a basic grasp of the Shipbucket style, once you do you can literally apply yourself to any task imaginable, whether it be drawing a robotic arm or a super-dreadnought

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Will someone draw this for me?Posted: September 4th, 2013, 4:56 pm
3 request, actually TTTT.TTTT

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Will someone draw this for me?Posted: September 4th, 2013, 5:01 pm
No, go away. This is not a board for requesting art to be drawn for you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bullfrog
Post subject: Re: ••••Posted: September 8th, 2013, 5:30 pm
Can I enquire as to why there is such hostility to paid requests on this forum? Shipbucket is the premier resource for lineart on the internet. While I understand that many people don't want to commercialize their hobby and don't need the extra money you must realize that not everyone has the same financial security to turn down work doing something they love. And let's face it, these drawings are worth money, given the time invested in them they are worth quite a lot, Shipbucket is an invaluable asset to many businesses as all drawings are free for almost unlimited commercial use so others can profit from their work.
Why should the opportunity to makes money from their hobby for themselves be denied from entrepreneurial members?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: ••••Posted: September 8th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Clearly you missed the first post. He wasn't offering to pay for something to be drawn - he was just asking for someone to draw it for him. The "I'll do it for $25" posts were sarcastic in nature.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: ••••Posted: September 8th, 2013, 5:34 pm
There was never a offer of money, the replies (well, mine at least) were sarcastic and not to be taken seriously. The hostility was in fact unrelated to money and more to do with the "Hi guys, I need someone to draw me a ..." posts that pop up every now and again from new members.

And I don't believe that "as all drawings are free for almost unlimited commercial use so others can profit from their work." is true at all.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bullfrog
Post subject: Re: ••••Posted: September 8th, 2013, 6:34 pm
Ah, I did miss the first post, I assumed that $25 had been offered,

The licence agreement on the site allows any and all commercial use as long as credit is given , no payment or other reciprocation is required.
The validity of the license on shipbucket images is also questionable since it is granted by a 3rd party site and not the creator/owner of the content, but that's a trivial debate for another day...

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]  Return to “Off Topic” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: