Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 8th, 2013, 6:30 pm
heuhen wrote:
I don't have typhoon missiles... perhaps that you referring to is that Harpoon that I flipped!
It's om the Mk 10. That's the RIM-50 the TYPHON-ER.
Quote:
I just felt that this gun was a more correct gun to use than those Mk45. I have also heard that the Mk45 isn't as good as the Mk42 so why go for an worse gun when something is good already!
Th Mk 42 requires a much, muh larger crew, and was prone to breakdowns. If you want a gun for both AAA and Anti-surface, look at the Mk 65 and 66.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 8th, 2013, 7:12 pm
TimothyC wrote:
heuhen wrote:
I don't have typhoon missiles... perhaps that you referring to is that Harpoon that I flipped!
It's om the Mk 10. That's the RIM-50 the TYPHON-ER.
Quote:
I just felt that this gun was a more correct gun to use than those Mk45. I have also heard that the Mk45 isn't as good as the Mk42 so why go for an worse gun when something is good already!
Th Mk 42 requires a much, muh larger crew, and was prone to breakdowns. If you want a gun for both AAA and Anti-surface, look at the Mk 65 and 66.
Thanks Thimothy

[Profile] [Quote]
socar37
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 14th, 2013, 11:36 pm
I apologize for coming to this late, but I noticed the foremast lacks the exhausts for the reactor compartment ventilation you see on all the D2G designs.

SoCar37
Prepared in Mind and Resources

"Prepared In Mind & Resources"

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 14th, 2013, 11:42 pm
heuhen wrote:
Then I just replace it some misc. and low caliber weapon. perhaps some... CHAFF
Heuhen, how about putting Phalanx there? Just a thought. This cruiser has beautiful lines :)

[Profile] [Quote]
sabotage181
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 15th, 2013, 2:57 pm
Why 4 SPQ-9A? I could see two, maybe. I think there is some general confusion that SPQ-9 cant "see" through the mast, as I've seen a few personal designs where more than one SPQ-9 is used because of this perceived problem. The mount on the Virginia worked good, although there was a little bit of a blind spot behind the ship, it wasn't bad enough to be worried about mounting another system to cover it. I think this is evident in the fact that, as far as I know, the USN never mounted two of these radars on a ship for this reason. I do think the radar would have been better served being mounted higher on the mast on the nuclear cruisers since it is primarily a surface search radar. I don't think the mast from the Spruance or Tyco's presented any kind a blind spot for this system, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway, I really like the overall platform of this cruiser and I look forward to future updates

PS, here is a conventional powered (alternate history) cruiser I'm working on from the same time period
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 15th, 2013, 3:22 pm
If you have readed a little back in this topic you would notice that the SPQ-9A have been dropet.

but why many guidance... well how many launcher do I have compared to you'r. my cruiser would also work as an command ship...

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 15th, 2013, 4:41 pm
An update: (what else was wrong...)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 16th, 2013, 4:39 am
Why are you have Mk10?And so many machine guns?Otherwise,she is very good.If you want to use Mk10,you can put 2 (one front,one rear.version with 80 missiles).

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 16th, 2013, 9:23 am
odysseus1980 wrote:
Why are you have Mk10?And so many machine guns?Otherwise,she is very good.If you want to use Mk10,you can put 2 (one front,one rear.version with 80 missiles).

The Mk10 is there because the Standard ER missile. that also was requested to be added. why not two set of them. because if I had placed one forward, I would lose both Mk26 GMLS. or I had to change to a single reactor. or conventional drive...

8 12.7mm machine guns is not to much when you think how big this ship is compared to that scrappy block of Arleigh Burk... and they was also build for a different era... But if we compare it to the Fridtjof Nansen class frigate... 6 x 12.7mm sea protector and if needed 2 x 20mm, with space for an CIWE aft. yrah right norway is crazy... so why did I shose 8 machine guns...

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: US Cruiser CGNPosted: September 16th, 2013, 4:37 pm
It's a well-executed drawing, but I can't claim that the design makes any sense whatsoever.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 35 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: