Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 7  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: August 29th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Quote:
as this thread seems to be dying a bit again.......
I am working on it, just a tad slow. but if you want me to turn my drawing speed up to 11...

at the moment I am working on how the car deck layout shall be before I work on the hull it self.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 15th, 2013, 7:32 pm
I am still working on the layout. I want an two funnel solution... but perhaps I should go for an single funnel solution and thus save some space... But if this deck layout is approved, then I will continue on my work.

Data:
Length: 192 meter
Beam: 26 meter
draft (keel): 6,55 meter
trucks: 77 trucks. + 10 trucks that can park on the ramp.
cars: 186 cars. + 15 cars that can parking on ramp, it's possible for 4 more cars on the truck deck, but those spot is more for container-trailer handling vehicles.

Power plant: an combination between direct geared drive and electric drive. (direct geared drive for that direct power, the electric drive for the responses needed to handle such a vessel in small harbors in not so good weather (The Norwegian way, lately more electric :-/ ))

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 17th, 2013, 11:53 pm
Just an small update.

This is the first of two designs I am going to do. This design is based on an Norwegian design of one of the older Coastal liners here in Norway. she was build with an cargo deck aft (that later was build in to an passenger lounge, cabins and restaurants) and passenger area in front, and to keep here stable she was fitted with sea water tanks. This one is an enlarged version of that vessel, the design is an two design solution on one vessel: one with cargo deck aft, the other one with enlarged passenger area. My design two that I will come with later would probably be better than this (fits better in)

Ship basic:
design solution 1 have less cabin space but larger lounge, design 2 have more cabin space and restaurant space. design 1 has an cargo deck aft, that can act as and helicopter deck. both design can act as an forward medic center and emergency power-plant in disaster areas. If necessary, here lounge can easy be rebuild to an forward operating room.

Engine room:
6 main engines: three starboard and three port, laying in an pyramid shape (two engines in front of the gearbox and one in the rear of the gearbox placed a bit higher up than the two other engines. the shaft would go next to the aft engine, angling in to center!). here speed capacity is cruise 15 to 21 knots depending on how many engines that are running, top speed vary from 22 to 26+ knots depending on how many engine is running, 28+ knots if AUX generators act as an boost engine.

Aux Engine:
Several generators operating at different frequency, some of them would act as an help/boost engine to the propulsion plant, at the same time deliver electricity to the ship, other generators would deliver electricity to trucks and cars and other things. This Generator setup can also act as an emergency power plant in an disaster area.
Pumps.
she can use here seawater stability tank to take up spillage.
Water-production and wast handling facility.

Truck deck:
on both port and starboard side, there are two car deck hided up in under the car deck above, that can be lowered down, and thus increase the car capacity with up to 50 cars. but this would go out over the space for truck.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 18th, 2013, 6:56 am
Seems really good!

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 18th, 2013, 10:10 am
Very interesting...

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 19th, 2013, 2:25 pm
Interesting plans, commercial ships and ferries aren't my forte but these look good. Can't wait to see them with the skin on!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 19th, 2013, 2:50 pm
I'm not as far as Heuhen here, but I asked rhino for an shipbucket scale drawing to start from.......
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 20th, 2013, 11:55 am
Just an WIP. Note there going to be three different type of superstructure on this hull. this is just the first one. Oh I increase the beam from 26 meter to 27 meter and thus increase the capacity from: 87 trucks to 95/100+ trucks, 201 cars to 230+ cars

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
denodon
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 20th, 2013, 11:57 am
Interesting looking design. I do like the idea of having cargo handling equipment however I'm not sure of the practicality of such utility operating in the Hawaiian environment.

I do look forward to seeing your other variants.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Official Shipbucket Civilian ChallengePosted: September 20th, 2013, 12:07 pm
denodon wrote:
Interesting looking design. I do like the idea of having cargo handling equipment however I'm not sure of the practicality of such utility operating in the Hawaiian environment.

I do look forward to seeing your other variants.
Perhaps. they other variant is build around more space for passengers. Her in Norway we have an ferry-line from Bergen to Denmark. and they have or had two vessels on this route, one for ordinary cars, trucks and passengers, the other one for truck and other cargo. so it's a two handed sword. Do they want just an ordinary ferry or do they want two ferry, one build around comfort for it's passengers the other one to handle more cargo..

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 7  [ 62 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 57 »

Jump to: