Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1176 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 1st, 2014, 2:07 am
Multi-Role Vessel 90

The MRV 90 (Multi-Role Vessel) is a small-medium patrol trimaran and is capable of operating in multiple roles, primarily coastal border patrol, but are also used for intercepting suspect vessels, fishery protection, humanitarian and disaster relief and counter terrorism missions. To facilitate intercept missions, the MRV 90 can carry and launch both the Short Range Prosecutor and the Long Range Interceptor RHIBs.

The MRV 90 has a rear-launching ramp, capable of launching and retrieving the three aft stored rigid-hulled inflatable boats while underway.

There are currently 12 MRV 90's in service with the IFACG:
IFACGS Noosa (pictured) homeported at IFACG Base Rockhampton, Queensland
IFACGS Broome (pictured) homeported at IFACG Base Geraldton, Western Australia
IFACGS Karumba homeported at IFACG Base Rockhampton, Queensland
IFACGS Cooktown homeported at IFACG Base Rockhampton, Queensland
IFACGS Exmouth homeported at IFACG Base Geraldton, Queensland
IFACGS Carnarvon homeported at IFACG Base Geraldton, Queensland
IFACGS Kakadu homeported at IFACG Base Darwin, Northern Australia
IFACGS Arnhem Land homeported at IFACG Base Darwin, Northern Australia
IFACGS Karratha homeported at IFACG Base Darwin, Northern Australia
IFACGS Yeppoon homeported at IFACG Base Rockhampton, Queensland
IFACGS Robe homeported at IFACG Base Darwin, Northern Australia
IFACGS Narrawong homeported at IFACG Base Geraldton, Western Australia

IFACGS Noosa
[ img ]

IFACGS Broome
[ img ]

MRV 90 Specifications:
Type Multi-Role Vessel
Crew 5 Officers and 30 Non-commissioned Officers
Displacement 1,950 tonnes
Length 90 metres
Beam 21.1 m
Draught 3.2 metres
Speed 31.5 knots
Surface Search Radar 2 x DSE Longsearch 500(V)2
Navigation Radar Lowrance NR-1080i
Guns 2 x Typhoon-G 25mm, 2 x .50 cal
Helicopters Landing Facilities for 1 x MRH 90 Taipan or Landing/Hangar Facilities for 1 x HH-60H Coasthawk
Small Boats 2 x Short Range Prosecutor RHIBs, 1 x Long Range Interceptor RHIB
Propulsion 3 x MTU 20V 4000 diesels @ 4,300kW, 3 x fixed pitch propellers

Thankyou to Rowdy36 for allowing me to use his MRV 80 drawing.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
squizzy
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 1st, 2014, 9:10 am
Great thread and like the class designs. It would had been nice had the coast guard vessels sported the same sharp colours like the ones used on the ACS new real life Cape Class CPVs.

"The British Air Farce have droopped their bums on the water works..They have scored a direct hot on the pimps"- British agent/gendarme Officer Crabtree, "Allo,Allo."

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 1st, 2014, 9:33 am
squizzy wrote:
Great thread and like the class designs. It would had been nice had the coast guard vessels sported the same sharp colours like the ones used on the ACS new real life Cape Class CPVs.
I did consider using that colour scheme but in the end it didn't really suit the ships of my AU.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 1st, 2014, 10:41 am
Check the new NH-90...
Hope to see it in Your colours!!!

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 12:40 am
Revised IFACG Air Marina Chart

I have updated the MRH 90 Taipans as recommended by GLACIESFIRE.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on January 3rd, 2014, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 8:31 am
Great work.

[Profile] [Quote]
GLACIESFIRE
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 10:21 am
Very very nice!!!

Just a couple of notes:
- the NH-90 side door is opening moving it to the bow of the machine
- the rotor of the NH-90 is a 4 blades, so the second blade in the front doesn't exist

;-)

[Profile] [Quote]
DG_Alpha
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 12:32 pm
Overall, those are some amazing ships with some incredible details. However, for someone like me, who isn't that good in knowledge about modern ships, it would be nice to have some dates or yeras attached to these ships.

Keep up the good work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 2nd, 2014, 2:27 pm
The quality of everything here is superb. It seems an expensive navy for Australia but certainly a capable one and one that's not too far fetched.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 3rd, 2014, 9:02 am
Independent Federation of Australia Navy – Fleet Air Arm

The Fleet Air Arm, formerly known as the Australian Navy Aviation Group, brings together all the key elements which provide the IFAN with its aviation force and provides the naval aviation capabilities required to fight and win at sea, and to contribute to military support operations. The forces' focus is on mission effectiveness, reliability, sustainability and safety. The groups Headquarters is located at IFAN Albatross Air Station.

The Fleet Air Arm's responsibilities are to provide whole of life, whole of capability management of naval aviation, and to deliver aviation capability.

There are a total of 34 rotary winged and 1 fixed wing aircraft in IFAN inventory.

[ img ]

Sikorsky MR-60H Seahawk
The Seahawk is a medium all weather helicopter that provides at least eight warships with a combat helicopter at the same time with the remainder being based at IFAN Albatross Air Station when not deployed and will be in various stages of the regular maintenance and training cycle.

There are a total of 26 Seahawks in the Fleet Air Arm.

NH Industries MRH 90 Taipan
The Taipan is a large, all weather, long-range helicopter used for special operations support and maritime support able to provide air-mobile and maritime support capability to the IFADF from land bases as well as IFAN fleet units.

There are a total of 6 Taipans in the Fleet Air Arm and when not deployed are based at IFAN Albatross Air Station, New South Wales and will be in various stages of the regular maintenance and training cycle.

Eurocopter AS365N3 Dauphin 2
The Dauphin 2 is a small-medium utility and training helicopter used by junior aircrew for initial training, then improve and maintain their skills. This will give young Naval pilots and aircrew the chance to hone their skills before they start flying the MH-60H Seahawk or the MRH 90 Taipan helicopters.

There are a total of 4 Dauphin 2s in the Fleet Air Arm and when not deployed are based at IFAN Albatross Air Station, New South Wales.

Gulfstream G550 LADS (Laser Airborne Depth Sounder)
Due to vast amounts of the Australian coastline remaining unsurveyed or incompletely surveyed, LADS was developed to help speed up the surveying and charting progress and provides valuable data for The Australian Hydrographic Service.

Navy personnel at LADS fly in teams of two and operate the laser survey system from the main cabin of the aircraft. Back on the ground the depth data is processed and then sent to the Australian Hydrographic Office in Wollongong to become nautical charts. During survey operations the LADS aircraft flies at between 366 and 670 metres altitude and surveys up to 40 square nautical miles per day at 100% coverage. With more than 7 hours endurance and flying five days per week, the LADS aircraft totals up to 140 sorties annually.

The LADS Flight is based at Cairns airport in Far North Queensland however the entire unit can be deployed for up to 3 months.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1176 »

Jump to: