Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 53 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Go to page « 151 52 53 54 55166 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: January 15th, 2014, 9:22 pm
darthpanda wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
... you drew an entire rifle without knowing what version it was????
I though i had the G3A3 version, i based the drawing from a picture.
It seems that H&K produce more version for the civilian market (or better say: Texasian market)

I will have to start from scrath again.
Well, that's surprisingly not true: H&K has never supported sales to civilians. The "G3" rifles you see being owned by Texans are PTR-91s or CETMEs, civilian-imported and rebuilt semi-autos made from H&K parts kits. ;)

Anyway, that is the G3A3 model with the larger handguard with bipod cuts. There was another variant of the G3A3 handguard which was slimmer but offered less heat protection. The trigger group is also correct.

Looks like a great drawing regardless. ;) I would like to see the versions with wood and OD green furniture as well!

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: January 18th, 2014, 10:42 am
FN Herstal P90 PDW - Belgium
[ img ]

H&K G3A3 - Germany
[ img ]

- RHKAAF / HKGFS - 皇家香港輔助空軍 / 政府飛行服務隊
- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on May 5th, 2020, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: January 18th, 2014, 3:15 pm
Nice to see the G3A3, a rifle I was trained to use during my military duty.

A real hellenic-built G3A3 comes in two versions, with a litle difference in the rotating switch. First built (1979-late 1980's) had numbers (0 for "S", "1" for "E" and "20" for "F"), and 1990's built had two letters in same position ("ΑΣ", "ΒΒ", "ΒΡ", Ασφάλεια, Βολή κατά Βολή, Βολή κατά Ριπάς). When I did my military duty, I had an G3A3 of the first generation (if remember correctly it was built in 1985), while I saw also the other version. Also I think that the plastics are darker, but for sure are mat.

However, if I lived in Hellenic Kingdom, I would have a FAL-derived rifle, not the G3A3.

Last edited by odysseus1980 on March 12th, 2014, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: January 19th, 2014, 1:22 pm
Enfield No2 MKI - Great Britain
[ img ]

Enfield No2 MKI* - Great Britain
[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on May 5th, 2020, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 7:59 pm
Walther P99 - Germany
[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on May 5th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
JDolan
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: March 12th, 2014, 8:55 pm
A bunch of Steyr-Mannlicher 1895s that I am working on. I've only finished one of them, but the others are coming together nicely I think.

[ img ]

Only issue (aside from a lack of shading on everything but the Kavallerie) is that I need to double-check the sling swivel positions and configurations on several of the guns, as well as the scope mounting for the sniper rifle.

Last edited by JDolan on March 12th, 2014, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: March 12th, 2014, 9:57 pm
@JDolan
I honestly don't want to sound discouraging, but these drawings look just very crude.
Could we see Your sources?
What I can already say, that in many places lines which should be straight or at least regular look like zig-zags (that's especially visible on stock).
Locks look rather "blurry", I'd say.
As for the shading on the carbine - although SB drawings use 1-pixel-thick shade along the edges as the basic way of showing that something's rounded, that does not apply to Gunbucket where it's supposed to more closely show the actual shape (as You can see on other pictures in the thread).

[Profile] [Quote]
JDolan
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: March 12th, 2014, 10:21 pm
I....see. Not quite what I was hoping for, but I understand where you're coming from.

I'll put together the full compilation of references and get them along to you.

EDIT: Sources I used.

I started with the 50" infantry rifle (drawn off of the line-drawing in the center of the page above the large rifles), and then using what sources I had in this sheet for the other variants that I did, I did them.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: March 12th, 2014, 11:13 pm
I drew the M1895/34 carbine a while back:

[ img ]

You could probably use this as a basis for the rest of the rifles, but I have to admit I'm not very knowledgeable about them - only that the ammo is $1/rd and it kicks like a mule. Still I had a lot of fun shooting steel at 250 yards with it!

[Profile] [Quote]
darthpanda
Post subject: Re: Real Gunbucket For Real DesignsPosted: March 13th, 2014, 9:18 pm
Heckler & Koch MK23 - Germany
[ img ]

- Gunbucket - LINK

天滅中共全黨死清光!

Last edited by darthpanda on May 5th, 2020, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 53 of 166  [ 1658 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 151 52 53 54 55166 »

Jump to: