Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 16 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1876 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 28th, 2014, 6:45 am
Amendments made (image updated)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: January 28th, 2014, 9:53 pm
Great work on everything LEUT_East! Great quality top notch drawings!
One question I do have, though. How many troops can the OKA Troop Carrier transport?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 1st, 2014, 7:01 am
Van Diemen Class Fast Combat Vessel

The Van Diemen Class is a large combat support trimaran and is capable of operating in multiple mission scenarios.

These vessels have a rear-loading ramp, capable of embarking most IFAA vehicles including the Abrams Tank as well as containerised mission modules.

There are currently 2 of the class in service with the IFAN:
IFAS Van Diemen (pictured) homeported Fleet Base North East, located at IFAS Moreton, Brisbane; and
IFAS Able Tasman homeported at Fleet Base West, located at IFAS Stirling, near Perth.

IFAS Van Diemen
[ img ]

Van Diemen Class Specifications:
Type Large Combat Support Trimaran
Crew 13 Officers and 65 Non-commissioned Officers with the capability of embarking 20 IFAA staff
Displacement 4,500 tonnes
Length 125 metres
Beam 28 metres
Draught 5.3 metres
Speed 42 knots
Air Search Radar Thales Smart-S Mk.1 long-range 3D survaillance and tracking radar
Surface Search Radar 2 x DSE Longsearch 500(V)2
Navigation Radar Lowrance NR-1080i
Fire Control 2 x CEA-MOUNT Directors
Guns 1 x Bofors Mk 110 57mm, 2 x Rafael Typhoon stabilised gun mounts fitted with 25 mm M242 Bushmaster autocannon, 2 x .50 cal
Missiles ESSM (1 x 8 Cell Mk41 VLS Launcher), Harpoon SSM (8 x Canisters semi recessed in superstructure)
Helicopters 2 x MRH 90 Taipans
Small Boats 2 x Long Range Interceptor RHIB
Propulsion 2 x General Electric LM2500 gas turbines, 4 x Caterpillar MDG-954 diesel generators, 4 x Hamilton waterjets

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on February 18th, 2014, 9:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 1st, 2014, 9:20 am
Your forward Longsearch looks like it blocks part of the arc of your CEA-MOUNT. Also, you've got a Sea Sparrow there insteead of an ESSM.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 1st, 2014, 10:07 pm
Thanks MihoshiK, I have offset the forward Longsearch to starboard and changed to the correct ESSM.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 4:23 pm
Delightful drawing and, if it worked as drawn, rather more pleasing to my eye than the USN LCS.

Alas, 35 knots, of course, is just too slow :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
Demon Lord Razgriz
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 3:32 am
Very nice, only small quibble I have is the VLS on the drawing. From the looks of it, you have 3 blocks of Mk 41.

Atlas V
Delta II/III
Project Constellation
Soyuz series

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 7:56 am
Demon Lord Razgriz wrote:
Very nice, only small quibble I have is the VLS on the drawing. From the looks of it, you have 3 blocks of Mk 41.
All fixed, refer to specifications.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:04 am
It's been a while since I had a browse through the forums, but I had a read through this thread last night. What an excellent project! There are so many nice details in your drawings and this is a very well thought out AU! Keep up the god work.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:16 am
jabba wrote:
It's been a while since I had a browse through the forums, but I had a read through this thread last night. What an excellent project! There are so many nice details in your drawings and this is a very well thought out AU! Keep up the god work.
Thankyou Sir, I love doing this and am honoured to be part of this community.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 16 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 114 15 16 17 1876 »

Jump to: