Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 15 6 7 8 952 »
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 1st, 2014, 11:54 pm
They look great! keep going!

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 1:50 am
A serie of Gunship C-130

AC-130A Pave Pronto, conversions as gunships with two miniguns / two cannons / two Bofors 40mm cannons
[ img ]

AC-130H Pave Spectre, AC-130E engine upgrade to "H" standards, refuelling probe, updated avionics and fire-control systems
[ img ]

AC-130H Spectre II, last upgrade, 20mm Guns supression
[ img ]

AC-130U Spooky II, C-130H gunship version, 3 large calibre cannons, updated electronics
[ img ]

AC-130W Stinger II, MC-130W multi-mission conversions as gunships
[ img ]

EC-130 coming soon

[Profile] [Quote]
Paladin127
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 3:06 am
Beautiful work on those AC-130's!

Out of curiosity though, what is the forward most weapon system on the U and W versions?

Also, any consideration on upgrading the engines to -J standards?

"Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose."

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 8:13 am
@Imperialist
Nice work so far with Hs-129.
My few personal thoughts: on rudder You've made shading of "ribs" "dark up/bright down" - I'd make it opposite; I'd give the dark (not black) line between fuselage and vertical stabilizer; on the ailerons there are these small "doorknob-shaped" things (I forgot the English word), which I would definitely outline in black, since they aren't shapes on surface, but they "stand out" from the background and therefore need contour; and finally I don't like the tailwheel.

@Caddaric79
Fantastic work on these AC-130s! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 12:09 pm
Nice work on the AC-130s. As Paladin127, using the correct engines for the J-variants would make those even better. I think the J has been drawn.

Nice work on the Hs-129, good progress but I agree with eswube about the tailwheel. Its tricky to get things to look round at this scale but its possible. Perhaps try a 4x4 square with the corners indented?

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 1:36 pm
Paladin127 wrote:
Beautiful work on those AC-130's!
Out of curiosity though, what is the forward most weapon system on the U and W versions?
GAU-12s
eswube wrote:
@Imperialist
Fantastic work on these AC-130s! :D
Agreed. :D
Hood wrote:
Nice work on the AC-130s. As Paladin127, using the correct engines for the J-variants would make those even better. I think the J has been drawn.
That would be true, I can't recall seeing a J though?

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 4:27 pm
Thank you guys :)

There is no -J gunship today, just a project around MC-130J and Precision Strike Package
I will finished with legacies Hercs before begining the few C-130J real variants (C, EC, HC, KC)

GAU-12 in -U
GAU-23/A in -W

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 4:40 pm
There are proposals for J-based gunships I believed but Caddaric79 is right, though J-model engine upgrades to the existing fleet are certainly on the table (and probably a wiser investment then new-build J gunships).

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 5:11 pm
I beg to differ.
Whilst not shipping the silly weaponry of earlier gunships it is indeed a gunship and indeed a J model.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 2nd, 2014, 6:23 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
I beg to differ.
Beg to differ what? That doesn't seem to contradict anything I said.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 15 6 7 8 952 »

Jump to: