Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1152 »
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 4th, 2014, 5:40 pm
KC-10 Extender

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 5th, 2014, 8:58 am
Small related by-product of two threads:

Odysseus1980s Real Hellenic Wings 1912-1945
(to which I made certain humble contribution)
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 30#p112730

Nieuport IV (4) was a successful pre-Great War sport plane, later pressed into service as recce aircraft. It secured it's place in history as the first plane on which a loop was performed by Russian Pyotr Nesterov on 9 september (27 august O.S.) 1913 - feat which was 12 days later repeated by Adolphe Pégoud in France (and gained much more publicity).

[ img ]

and for thread Polish Wings
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 26#p112826
(I didn't wanted to post everything at once due to number of files; rest will be posted in the coming days)
Planes in markings of Polish Air Force in France (1939-1940) can be seen in that thread.

Morane-Saulnier MS.406 was the basic French fighter at the outbreak of World War 2, with 1176 produced. Although already not quite the most modern aircraft by then, it performed it's duty quite successfuly. Besides France (and Polish Air Force in France) it was exported to several countries, license produced ni Switzerland and seriously modified by Finland.

France (Lithuania, Croatia, Yugoslavia, Turkey), Morane-Saulnier MS.406
[ img ]
[ img ]

Caudron-Renault CR.714 (C.714) Cyclone was a result of failed, yet popular in 1930s idea of a cheap and simple "light fighter". A seriously flawed and extremely flawed design, Cyclone was never used operationally by French. Initially it was decided to send produced aircraft to Finland (during the Winter War), but eventually only 6 or so were delivered (and also never used in front-line service), while the majority of production run was diverted to Polish Air Force in France.

France (Finland), Caudron CR.714 Cyclone
[ img ]

Because in the late 1930s French aircraft manufacturers had already their production capacity filled, French Air Force decided to seek sources of equipment abroad. Koolhoven FK.58 was a light fighter for colonial duties ordered in the Netherlands. Although it's performance wasn't particularly impressive it was still quite decent compared with MS.406 and better than CR.714. In the end, none were delivered to the Indochina, and they were only used in combat by Polish Air Force in France.

Netherlands (France), Koolhoven, FK.58
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Although a modern-looking plane, Bloch MB.131 bomber, first flown in 1934. It suffered from prolonged development process and entered service only around 1938, with total production run of 143 machines. It never had particularly impressive performance, and was already quite outdated when the World War 2 broke out, so relatively quickly was relegated to second-line duties.

France, Bloch MB.131
[ img ]
[ img ]

Btw. both Odysseus1980 and I would appreciate comments and feedback in our respective threads. ;)

Last edited by eswube on April 5th, 2014, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 5th, 2014, 9:03 pm
Fist of all: sorry for doubleposting. :oops:

Below is another by-product of my humble participation in the Hellenic Wings thread - although this plane itself has been already drawn long ago by someone else, I thought that the drawing got somewhat outdated, not mentioning that it was showing the wrong side of the plane.

So... here's the Gloster Gladiator - last biplane fighter of the RAF, that fought so valiantly in the early days of the World War 2.

Great Britain, Gloster Gladiator and Sea Gladiator
(Australia, Belgium, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Iraq, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Soviet Union, Sweden)

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Irish and Chinese paint schemes were omitted, as I believe that Nighthunter and DarthPanda could be particularly interested in doing them themselves for their personal projects. So wasn't included the Greek paint scheme as it will be done by Odysseus1980 for His thread.

Last edited by eswube on April 5th, 2014, 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Naixoterk
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 5th, 2014, 10:09 pm
Since words can't describe your two last posts, Eswube, let's say it with a gif:

[ img ]

BTW what does TROP stands for? because if i'm not mistaken the spitfire had also a trop variant.

Dornier Do.17/Do.215
    Heinkel He.79
    Junkers Ju.52
    Junkers J.I
Repainting:
  • Grumman F4F Wildcat/Grumman G-36
    Caproni Ca.135bis

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 5th, 2014, 10:48 pm
O_O

Words fail me to describe the awesomness

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 5th, 2014, 11:02 pm
eswube... fantastic work

Last edited by heuhen on March 6th, 2014, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Radome
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 6th, 2014, 12:24 am
Really amazing work eswube!!
Naixoterk wrote:
BTW what does TROP stands for? because if i'm not mistaken the spitfire had also a trop variant.
As far as i know Trop=Tropical

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 6th, 2014, 8:11 am
Yes, adjoin the compliments, thats true FD art there eswube! Gladiators are one of those iconic planes that defines the Finnish Air Force, so they've been one of my favorites from early childhood onwards. It woud be nice to see the somewhat flashy swedish expedition volunteers planes from Vinter war as well.

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 6th, 2014, 8:27 am
Great work there Eswube!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 6th, 2014, 8:29 am
Thank You for Your kind comments! :)

@Naixoterk
As Radome pointed out, it stands for "Tropical" - not only Spitfire had such versions (most well known of these were Mk.V(Trop) with prominent Vokes filters under the engine), but also Hurricane and many other planes from both sides of war (including Bf-109's).

@Gollevainen
What do You mean by "somewhat flashy Swedish expedition volunteers planes from Winter war as well"?
There is J-8 of Swedish Volunteer F19 above, in winter painting, but I don't know about other types of paint schemes of that unit.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 17 8 9 10 1152 »

Jump to: