Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 22 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2452 »
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 9:33 am
And now the Mosquito... :)
Plane that doesn't need much introduction. I feel, however, that the drawings do need. Not so long ago Jabba made several drawings of these. Yet, they were scaled for the length of around 13,6-13,7meters. My sources say they were actually 12,4-12,5m long, although some of them indeed give the 13,6/7m for some variants, yet their appearance on source drawings or photographs don't explain why/how they could be over a 1,2 (4 feet) longer (interestingly, these are mostly B/PR variants, so different radar type isn't an explanation except perhaps some tail antenna on some aircraft - besides: 4 feet? :? ). Also, I had some doubts about shape and proportions of some details given by sources, scaled and when compared to results. :(
Honestly, despite the number of the drawings below, I have a sad feeling, that in terms of accuracy they might not be worth much. :(
My main sources were:
-Robert Gretzyngier, Lechosław Musiałkowski, De Havilland Mosquito, cz.1, Polscy piloci na Mosquito, AJ-Press, Gdańsk 2006 (basic outline, details of variants Mk.I to Mk.VI);
-Richard A. Franks, The De Havilland Mosquito. A comprehensive guide for the modeller, Modellers Datafile 1, SAM Publications, Bedford 1998 (some later variants, dimensions);
-Alan W. Hall, Richard J. Carauna, De Havilland Mosquito, Warpaint Special No.3;
-Mosquito in action, Squadron-Signal Aircraft No.127 and No.129 (some later variants);
-Martin W. Bowman, De Havilland Mosquito, Crowood Aviation Series, 1997 (variant descriptions etc.);
plus some other publications and websites.

Great Britain, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Great Britain, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Australia, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Canada, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

New Zealand, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

South Africa, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Belgium, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

France, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Norway, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Sweden, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Turkey, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Yugoslavia, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Czechoslovakia, Dominicana, Soviet Union, Switzerland, USA, De Havilland Mosquito
[ img ]

Plus here are the Polish ones, You've already know:
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 86#p114086
http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... 31#p114831

EDIT: some expressions in the post text above rephrased since they gave impression like I was criticizing Jabba's work on previous Mosquito drawings and that His drawings had any issues beyond the scale - which they didn't, and making such impression wasn't my intention - I was referring to problems with sources.

Last edited by eswube on April 5th, 2014, 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 10:00 am
I honestly sometimes wonder if Eswube and DP actually sleep.

[Profile] [Quote]
Caddaric79
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 10:19 am
That's a looooooot of mosquitos !
Very nice

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 10:25 am
I can't decide whether this beats the Beaufighter post or not!

Seeing these, you can see why the Mossie was so adaptable, perhaps among the most adaptable WW2-era aircraft there was and certainly far more so than its Ju-88/188 rival.

Both are incredible in depth and detailing and the research needed for all these colour schemes must have been some work. If there was an FD God status, Eswube would be a fitting candidate!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 11:09 am
Great to see the aussie mozzies.
Ive a mate who's dad(RIP) worked at De Havillands during WWII.
Reckoned they had no end of problems with the glue during the tropic monsoon season.
The Beaufighter was more reliable apparently.
My dad was an engineer in New Guinea 43-45 and loved the Beaus.
Wonderful to see them all so well represented.
Thanks Eswube and Rowdy.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 3:46 pm
:o I am absolutely GOBSMACKED eswube :!: I really don't know how you manage to draw so many variants or so many aircraft so quickly... and to such high detail either :shock: They are THOROUGHLY FANTASTIC :!:

Well Done matey :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 4:26 pm
Thanks for comments!

@Blackbuck
I don't know how about DP, but I do sleep. :lol:

@Hood
Nah... You're just too kind. :oops:

@Rusel
Yeah, Mosquito's wooden construction didn't survived SEAC conditions well - that's why it was a theater dominated by metal Beaufighters.

@Adenandy
Lol, You don't think I did it in two days, do You? ;) I've made them over slightly more than a week, earlier this month. And all the Polish Wings-related planes (both those drawn with Polish markings, and those drawn with other ones) were being gradually prepared already since december 2012. Most French planes were already done by July and those British that were "my only" were ready mostly by November (repaints of planes already drawn earlier by other Shipbucketeers were to be done by Rhade, but in the end I had to do it myself more recently :roll: ).
Besides, thanks to RAF's very standardized paint schemes, that wasn't that much work to do as it might look.
:)

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 4:32 pm
HOLY F_CK

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 4:40 pm
Really good stuff... how do you have time to do all of this, though??

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD Scale Aircraft 8: The Next Generation Easy Search ThrPosted: March 29th, 2014, 5:57 pm
I appreciate the inboard profiles without the engines.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 22 of 52  [ 517 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 120 21 22 23 2452 »

Jump to: