Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 647 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 5th, 2014, 12:11 pm
she looks quite a bit overweight, and that massive lowering of the bow will result in the ship breaking in two when in heavy seas.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 6th, 2014, 12:32 am
Alright after some time of editing, I have finally redone the RFS Navansha
[ img ]
I have to give credit to BB1987, Karle94 and PomboCNZ

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 6th, 2014, 1:21 am
First off, excellent first drawing. The draft is way to much though, and casemates on top of each other are never a good idea, one row should suffice (that lowest row is probably unworkable in most conditions anyways). Compare it to other battleships of the era and I'm sure these will be easy fixes to complete your nice drawing.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:18 am
I would,
- Just remove one deck layer from the hull (lower casement layer) and one from the hull.
- move the funnel apart a bit (move rear one backwards)
- drop centre turret to level of the rear one (move boats)
- cut the AA guns if it is a as built (1908) pic ?
- add names to the credit line
- have a nice ship well done keep up the AU ;) .

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 6th, 2014, 8:58 am
it all looks very top heavy. with one less hull deck, it would make a lot more sense. also, there is still a weak point at the break of the forecastle deck, aft of the funnels.
also, may I remind you that crediting original authors must be on the credit line, not below the drawing? as shipbucket images tend to be shared over the net without the appropriate post/thread/credits with it.

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 6th, 2014, 9:52 am
acelanceloet wrote:
it all looks very top heavy. with one less hull deck, it would make a lot more sense. also, there is still a weak point at the break of the forecastle deck, aft of the funnels.
also, may I remind you that crediting original authors must be on the credit line, not below the drawing? as shipbucket images tend to be shared over the net without the appropriate post/thread/credits with it.
Thanks for the info, I will edit it

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 8th, 2014, 1:00 am
Alright, I again reworked the designs
[ img ]
I hope this is what you guys suggested

[Profile] [Quote]
JSB
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 8th, 2014, 6:36 am
Looks much more likely (IMO) 8-).

I might split up the funnels (a bit more one forward to the stair well, one back to just before turret) and remove the bottom casements (they will flood/be useless in any sea, although people did put in useless casements in real life so not a deal breaker).

JSB

[Profile] [Quote]
OberstAmiruddin
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 8th, 2014, 6:55 am
JSB wrote:
Looks much more likely (IMO) 8-).

I might split up the funnels (a bit more one forward to the stair well, one back to just before turret) and remove the bottom casements (they will flood/be useless in any sea, although people did put in useless casements in real life so not a deal breaker).

JSB
Alright,I think I will post the Rossiyan armoured cruiser soon

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Republic of Rossiya, Beast from the SouthPosted: August 8th, 2014, 6:12 pm
Here are my suggestions. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/939 ... ges%29.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 47  [ 467 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 647 »

Jump to: