Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 48 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5076 »
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 14th, 2014, 11:09 pm
odysseus1980 wrote:
How many Brisbane does IFAN has? I think that both variants are useful, such as 3 with helicopter and 2 double-ended.
There were 2 squadrons of Brisbane and Modified Brisbane Class DDG's. The Brisbane Class comprise Number 1 Destroyer Squadron and the Modified Brisbane Class comprise Number 2 Destroyer Squadron. IFAS Brisbane which was the lead ship in the Brisbane Class was not given a mid life upgrade and is now a museum ship. All remaining vessels are being replaced by the Castlemaine Class Air Warfare Destroyers.

I have updated the images on the previous page to provide a comparison between the Brisbane and Modified Brisbane Class.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 15th, 2014, 7:29 am
Awesome drawing but, and this may be intentional, you are using the old Mk. 13 drawing. My bad if you were using it as an AU launcher.

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 17th, 2014, 12:09 am
Modified Brisbane Class Guided Missile Destroyer

The Modified Brisbane Class Guided Missile Destroyer is a double ended, non helo capable version of the Brisbane Class Guided Missile Destroyer. These are the IFANs primary AAW destroyers. All 3 platforms (IFAS Adelaide (pictured), IFAS Melbourne (pictured) and IFAS Canberra (pictured)) are homeported at Fleet Base South East, Sydney and form Number 2 Destroyer Squadron. All vessels are expected to remain in service until 2018 and will be replaced by the Castlemaine Class Air Warfare Destroyer.

IFAS Adelaide
[ img ]

IFAS Melbourne
[ img ]

IFAS Canberra
[ img ]

Brisbane Class Specifications:
Type Guided Missile Destroyer
Crew 315
Displacement 4,343 tons
Length 153 metres
Beam 14.3 metres
Draught 6.6 metres
Speed 33 knots
Range 7,200km (4,500 miles)
Missiles Harpoon SSM, Standard SM-1MR
Guns 2 x FMC 5 inch Mk 42 Mod 9, 2 x GE 20mm Phalanx CIWS
Torpedoes Honeywell Mk 46
Air Search Radar Raytheon AN/SPS-49(V)4, Hughes AN/SPS-48C
Surface Search Radar ISC Cardion AN/SPS-55
Fire Control Radar 2 x Sperry Mk 92 (CAS), 2 x AN/SPS-51D
ECM AN/SLQ-32, 2 x Loral Hycor SRBOC 6 barrel Mk 36
Propulsion 2 x diesels , 51,680shp

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 17th, 2014, 3:55 am
Excellent design. :)
Overall, if there was ever going to be an SB hall of fame for AUs, this should definitely be included. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 18th, 2014, 12:09 pm
Is the modified Brisbane shorter than the regular one?

If anything you'd want to use exactly the same hull to minimize redesigns. This would allow you to keep the aft 5" gun to remain at deck level, and you could place the MK13 on the flight deck spot. You'd also make the ship look more symmetrical that way, and this would keep your center of gravity a bit lower too: Neither of those installations is lightweight, and you've already got some serious electronics quite high up.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 19th, 2014, 8:42 am
MihoshiK wrote:

If anything you'd want to use exactly the same hull to minimize redesigns. This would allow you to keep the aft 5" gun to remain at deck level, and you could place the MK13 on the flight deck spot. You'd also make the ship look more symmetrical that way, and this would keep your center of gravity a bit lower too: Neither of those installations is lightweight, and you've already got some serious electronics quite high up.
Um, yes the Modified Brisbane Class is slightly shorter. That was an error on my part. But as the design evolved I grew to liking the change and I am really hesitant in changing these designs as this is really the only drawing I have done that I am truly satisfied with.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: August 19th, 2014, 10:30 am
LEUT_East wrote:
MihoshiK wrote:

Um, yes the Modified Brisbane Class is slightly shorter. That was an error on my part. But as the design evolved I grew to liking the change and I am really hesitant in changing these designs as this is really the only drawing I have done that I am truly satisfied with.
Well, that's ultimately what counts most isn't it?

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: October 26th, 2014, 12:10 am
I was having a little muck around with my Murrumbidgee/Condamine frigates and have come up with the Arafura Class which is a hybrid of the two with LM2500 power instead of diesels. May include a limited number in my AU.

[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on December 18th, 2014, 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: October 26th, 2014, 10:29 am
Very impressive.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: December 18th, 2014, 9:15 am
Been away for a while but have been working on my heavy Army trucks - here is a sneak peak of the WIP.
[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 48 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 146 47 48 49 5076 »

Jump to: