Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2833 »
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: February 15th, 2015, 11:49 pm
VAI - OA-4A Martillo FAV

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 11:55 am
Hi everyone, i have been looking at this AU lately and i think some of the drawings are not very good and certainly not up to the latest standards so i decided to start upgrading some of the drawings and the AU itself by making some backstorys for the ships and the FD - scale drawings. And here is the first upgraded drawing:

This is the new Táchira/Brasília Class drawing, i also decided to delete the Simón Bolívar class and only have one aircraft carrier class.

Táchira/Brasília class

The Táchira/Brasilia class is a class of eight aircraft carriers built for the Venezuelan Navy and the Brazilian Navy. The eight vessels were the first aircraft carriers to be designed and built in Venezuela and Brazil. They were built by Dianca Shipyard and Arsenal de Marinha do Rio de Janeiro in cooperation with UCOCAR, ASTIMARCA and EMGEPRON, with DCNS and Fincantieri providing technical assistance. Their the first South American nuclear-powered surface vessels, and the second class of nuclear-powered carriers completed outside of the United States. Development of the ships started separately with the Brazilian Navy looking a suitable replacement for the old BNS São Paulo A12 (Ex Foch) which had experienced many technical difficulties through out its career. On the other hand the Venezuelan project started as a result of an ambitious rearmament program that was conceived to make the Venezuelan Armed Forces self sufficient and capable of fighting against far more powerful countries such as the United States, Russia or China. Since both programs had similar goals it was decided that it would be more effective if both countries worked together on the design, development and construction of the ships. So in 2016 a contract between the two governments and their main shipbuilding companies was signed in which they agreed to develop a common carrier, but since neither Venezuela nor Brazil had any experience in the construction of aircraft carriers DCNS of France and Fincantieri of Italy were brought into the project as technical advisors.

Ships in class:

[ img ]

ARV Táchira – PA-1 is the lead ship of the Táchira-class of aircraft carriers, the largest warship ever built for the Venezuelan Navy and capable of carrying up to eighty aircraft. She was named after the state Táchira on 5 July 2018 and it was commissioned in early 2020, with initial operational capability from 2021.

ARV Simón Bolívar – PA-2 is the second ship of the Táchira-class of aircraft carriers. She was named after Venezuela’s liberator on his birthday the 24 July 2018 and it was commissioned in early 2021, with initial operational capability from 2022.

ARV Francisco de Miranda – PA-3 is the Third ship of the Táchira-class of aircraft carriers. She was named after Venezuelan revolutionary Francisco de Miranda on the 14 July 2019 to commemorate the 203rd anniversary of his death and it was commissioned in early 2022, with initial operational capability from 2023.

ARV Marcos Evangelista Pérez Jiménez – PA-4 is the fourth ship of the Táchira-class of aircraft carriers. She was named after Venezuela’s 37th president on his birthday the 25th April 2019 and it was commissioned in late 2022, with initial operational capability from 2023.

[ img ]

BNS Brasília – A13 is the lead ship of the Brasília-class of aircraft carriers, the largest warship ever built for the Brazilian Navy and capable of carrying up to eighty aircraft. She was named after the Brazilian capital on 21 April 2018 and it was commissioned in early 2020, with initial operational capability from 2021.

BNS Mina Gerais – A14 is the second of the Brasília-class of aircraft carriers. She was named after the Brazilian state of Minas Gerais on 10 August 2018 and it was commissioned in late 2020, with initial operational capability from 2022.

BNS Riachuelo – A15 is the third of the Brasília-class of aircraft carriers. She was named in honor of the battle of Riachuelo on 10 June 2019 and it was commissioned in early 2021, with initial operational capability from 2023.

BNS Pernambuco – A16 is the fourth of the Brasília-class of aircraft carriers. She was named after the Brazilian state of Pernambuco on 20 August 2019 and it was commissioned in late 2021, with initial operational capability from 2023.

General characteristics

Type: Aircraft carrier
Displacement: 90.000 tons
Length: 304.69 m (999,64 ft)
Height: 57,72 m (189,37 ft)
Beam: 75.30 m (246,72 ft)
Draft: Maximum navigational: 10,45 m (34,28 ft)
Propulsion: 2 × nuclear reactors
4 × steam turbines
4 × shafts
260,000 shp (194 MW)
Speed: 30+ knots (56+ km/h; 35+ mph)
Range: Unlimited distance; 20-25 years
Complement: Ship's company: 3,000
Air wing: 2,300
Aircraft carried: 75–85 fixed wing and helicopters

Last edited by KIKE92 on March 4th, 2015, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Biancini1995
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 1:28 pm
On the back of the carrier Brasilia is written Táchira,it shouldn't be written Brasília? ^^

BTW very nice draws KIKE :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 3:01 pm
if you have nuclear propulsion, why would you split the superstructure?

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 6:47 pm
@Biancini1995: thanks for the comentary, i Will change it tonight.

@acelancelot: i decided to use 2 towers to keep flight operations separated from the ships navigation And other things that are not related to aviation.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 8:08 pm
I have changed the name at the stern of the Brasilia Class, and i also modified the first page, it now showes the new Táchira Class and the ships in the class. i will keep upgrading the drawings, i started with this carrier because i thought it was one of the drawings that needed more help.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 4th, 2015, 8:29 pm
Interesting though, I'd probably move the forward island back slightly to coincide with the block modules.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: March 7th, 2015, 5:02 pm
Eurocopter EC725 Caracal

By 2016 the Venezuelan armed forces had recognized the need to replace their ageing inventory of helicopters which included the Mi-17, Cougar and Bell 412’s. A formal requirement was formulated which called for two transport helicopters, the first was a medium helicopter that could replace the Bell 412 and the Cougars still in service, the second requirement called for a larger helicopter to replace the Mi-17. Another important point was the government’s interest in acquiring the license to produce the helicopters in Venezuela and start developing the national aerospace industry. With the new government looking for new partners and also due to several accidents involving the Russian helicopters in Venezuelan service it was decided that the new type would be European. Request for proposals were sent to Eurocopter, AgustaWestland and NHIndustries.
Eurocopter and NHIndustries offered the EC725 Caracal and the NH90 respectively for the medium helicopter requirement; The Venezuelan armed forces favoured the Caracal because they already had experience with the Cougar and the Super Puma, it was cheaper and Eurocopter not only offered the license but also a full technology transfer. Two EC725’s were sent to Venezuela for testing in September 2016, with the helicopters showing excellent performance in all of the environments they were tested on, which included deserts, plains, Amazon rainforest and high altitude operations on snow. The original negotiations were for 72 helicopters which included 20 for the air force, 40 for the army air corps and 12 for the navy. This number would later increase as the Armed Forces Expansion Program started to get in motion, eventually reaching 190 helicopters by 2020. Venezuelan Aircraft Industries Ltd a state-owned company was created to produce the helicopters although it would later become involved in developing and producing aircraft. The first 10 Helicopters were delivered from France in early 2018 with pilots training in Brazil and France since January 2017. The first Venezuelan built Caracals were delivered in late 2018 with production rescheduled to end by 2022 with new orders arriving from the Marine Corps, Ministry of Emergency Situations and Coast Guard. As production got under way at VAI, local content was increased so by the time last examples were delivered, virtually the entire airframes and power plants were being locally manufactured.

Venezuelan Air Force:
[ img ]

Venezuelan Army:
[ img ]

Venezuelan Marine Corps:
[ img ]

Venezuelan Navy:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Toxic Loki
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: April 8th, 2015, 2:40 pm
KIKE92 wrote:
This is a replacement for the old Príncipe de Asturias, based on the same design as the venezuelan and brazilian carrier but downsized to meet spanish requirements and using some spanish equipment. The ship was assembled by Navantia under license.

[ img ]
Spectacular desing!! ;) ;) :D :D
Can i use part of this one for my own degings, please? :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: April 8th, 2015, 7:39 pm
Thanks for the comment, glad you like it.

And about the drawing, you are absolutely free to use it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2833 »

Jump to: