Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 52 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 150 51 52 53 5476 »
wb21
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 7:35 am
Very nice remakes [ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 9:53 am
LEUT, your mastery of pixels goes on :)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 9th, 2015, 11:52 pm
Still wasn't overly happy with the Brisbane and Modified Brisbane Class DDGs. After some long research sessions and late nights here are the results.

Brisbane Class
[ img ]

Modified Brisbane Class
[ img ]

These are the changes made:
1. Draught lessenned
2. Distance between funnels increased
3. Bow changed (including anchor placement)
4. Heightened superstructure
5. Topmast height increased

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 10th, 2015, 10:12 am
Very nice work.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 11th, 2015, 7:15 am
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on May 17th, 2015, 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
odysseus1980
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 11th, 2015, 11:03 am
I assumed these GMLS are Mk26 mod0, 24 missiles, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 17th, 2015, 4:57 am
The launchers are Mk26 Mod 2 with a capacity of 64 rounds - which are also used on the Kidd, Virginia and early Ticonderogas.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 17th, 2015, 8:16 am
actually, the mod 2 was never installed on any ship in real life. the kidd, tico and virginia all had one mod 0 and one mod 1 IIRC, together they had an missile capacity of 68 missiles.

I have doubts about these fitting on your hull. the beam will be required to be the same as that of the spruance class, making this ship quite a bit fatter then she looks right now.
for the mod 2, the plenum vents and reloading hatch for the forward launcher are actually underneath the forward superstructure........ you could fix this by moving it a bit forward but even then, it still is quite cramped. at the aft mounting it seems to fit, but still it looks somewhat cramped. due to the forces involved in this system, I would suggest fitting it on the strength deck, which is one deck lower then you have it now. however, if you place the launchers lower they penetrate too deep in the hull so the only way you can do this is to increase freeboard with one deck.

btw, you still have the plenum vent for the Mk 13 fittet aft ;)

my very last remark is that the Mk 26 is an very modern system (first fitted in 1976) while your destroyer has the looks of being build about 10 years earlier.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 17th, 2015, 9:31 am
What do the Mk.26s bring you other than headaches? You're not shipping ASROC so you don't need them for that and as ace says the breadth you'll need to accommodate them seems excessive when Mk.13 will suffice and indeed most likely carry more weapons...

If it were me I'd fit Mk.13s and seeing as it would appear to be a later ship given the Mk.26 idea a Mk.45 in place of the Mk.42. If they stick around long enough you *might* be able to work a Mk.41 in there to supplant or supplement the Mk.13s...

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: May 24th, 2015, 7:25 am
Thanks for the comments gents. Here are my changes to date for the Victoria Class DDG.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 52 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 150 51 52 53 5476 »

Jump to: