Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 28 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3033 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 15th, 2015, 11:15 pm
The shading looks a tad weird and rather rounded in places where I suspect that there aren't actually rounded surfaces but the general setup seems reasonable enough. As for the layout conundrum, it all depends on your CONOPS and the aircraft that you operate.

I'm guessing it's just the two elevators? Personally I'd go with a single island forward of the first elevator leaving deck space for everything well out of the way.

[Profile] [Quote]
Voyager989
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 15th, 2015, 11:20 pm
I'm partial to CATOBAR, but I wanted to post to say you've done an utterly beautiful job with updating Wakazashi's older AU drawings. Very well done!

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 12:56 pm
Hi everyone, thanks for the comments.

@Blackbuck: I agree i may have overdone the shading in some, its just that i was so obsessed trying to upgrade the drawing that overlooked how much shading i was putting. As for the layout i personally prefer the conventional layout with a single island and regarding the catapults the only issue i have is that bezobrazov said that it would be impossible to acquire the technology (catapult) from the united states. For this reason i made the ski jump variant as an alternative but i also have aircraft that require a catapult, so i was also considering doing a mixed layout similar to waht the Russians intended to do with the Pr.1143.7 Ulyanovsk where it had two catapults and the ramp. This aircraft carriers have three elevators by the way.

@Voyager989: Thanks for the comment, i preferred the CATOBAR too but is i explained above im not really sure how difficult woud it be to acquire that technology that is basically the problem i have.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:31 pm
You may not be able to get the US equipment, but is it possible to get French/British technology for the catapults? (I have no idea, asking for myself as well)

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:39 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
You may not be able to get the US equipment, but is it possible to get French/British technology for the catapults? (I have no idea, asking for myself as well)
Hi krakatoa, Bezobrazov mentioned that the catapults of French carriers were made in the US, but i know that british carriers used british catapults and i read the british were developing their own electromagnetic catapults but i couldnt find much about it. So that leaves us in a very akward situation because the russian carriers will have ramps but the indians managed to buy the EMALS technology from the US so im not really sure what to make of it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:42 pm
Maybe Venezuela could offer the US oil at a slightly more favourable rate for access to the technology.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:47 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
Maybe Venezuela could offer the US oil at a slightly more favourable rate for access to the technology.
Thats one of the options i thought about, i also thought that if it was a joint program with Venezuela, Brazil, France and maybe Italy all acquiring ships, the US might give it the go ahead especially with Italy buying the F-35C and probably other US made aircraft like the Hawkeye and Brazil buying the F/A-18E/F.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Oil isn't going to make the US give you stealth no matter how you cut it, if they don't trust the regime then they wont give you pretty toys.

As for cats, EMCAT could be brought about with enough money thrown at it.

[Profile] [Quote]
KIKE92
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 1:56 pm
Blackbuck wrote:
Oil isn't going to make the US give you stealth no matter how you cut it, if they don't trust the regime then they wont give you pretty toys.

As for cats, EMCAT could be brought about with enough money thrown at it.
Well considering that in this AU Venezuela is friendly towards the US, do you think it could be possible?

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of VenezuelaPosted: June 16th, 2015, 2:06 pm
If the US doesn't see you as a threat and you're not openly hostile towards them then there's no reason for them not to give you the catapults in the first place :P As for F-35, that remains to be seen. Turkey is the only 'iffy' nation to be getting them thus far. Who knows, you could get them!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 28 of 33  [ 325 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 126 27 28 29 3033 »

Jump to: