Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
RP2Ryan
Post subject: Forrest Sherman and other 50s designsPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 1:14 am
Hi,

I have been a semi-active poster on the Naval Weapons Forums. I am an avid Shipbucket fan, but lack the skills to create my own designs. Everything I have done so far has been with paint and can only be called, (with much consideration) kit bashing for my own AU time line. I don't want to violate any design standards or embarrass myself by posting anything I have done so far.

I would like to know has anyone made a Forrest Sherman class design? My AU takes place in the late 50's early 60's and I have noticed a lack of designs from that period for DDs and DEs. I'm not criticizing anyone I am just wondering if that has been done.

I do want to salute all who put time and effort into all of the wonderful designs and drawings for us less than armatures but more than casual fans.

RP2Ryan, USN

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Forrest Sherman and other 50s designsPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 5:54 am
There does seem to be a dearth of 50ies designs in general.
We've got the Gyat though.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Forrest Sherman and other 50s designsPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 5:57 pm
I have WIPs of Forrest Sherman, Leahy and a few others. All but Albany (well, Chicago) might be considered 'dormant'. Time has been very short for me lately.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Forrest Sherman and other 50s designsPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 5:58 pm
We also got some British, French and Japanese stuff as well :)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
graham
Post subject: Re: Forrest Sherman and other 50s designsPosted: March 4th, 2011, 6:08 am
Andy120 did a very nice Forrest Sherman but I dont think that it was ever loaded into the archives is it ok to post it here ?

Graham

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: