Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 58 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Go to page « 156 57 58 59 6076 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 12th, 2016, 6:31 pm
For what it's worth, I'm highly skeptical SeaStreak would function as a very competent anti-missile CIWS. A conventional blast-frag warhead enjoys a radius of damage relatively independent of the profile of the target. Starstreak, however, depends on actually making physical contact with a target with at least one of the darts. This is maybe a good plan when your target is something large like a manned aircraft, but something like Exocet might literally have a one or two square foot cross-section. Starstreak would be ~100x less likely to hit that than a manned aircraft.

I'd fit RAM instead.

AGS-L would be an interesting compromise on the gun side of things, although this would leave the ship woefully under-equipped to deal with the small boat threat and more boring dhow-bashing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 12th, 2016, 6:45 pm
There's scope for the Seastreak launchers to deploy Martlet as well as Starstreak itself which would be useful in the light anti-surface role but as an-anti missile system I'm with erik_t. (That's why I have the duality of a gun based system as well on my ships)

As a compromise I would suggest looking into AGS-L but with the addition of some inexpensive (relatively speaking) SSMs like Griffin-ER or the like for close in 'dhow-bashing' as erik_t calls it.

~Mark.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 12:14 am
Made some changes based on your valuable comments gents.
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on October 8th, 2016, 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 12:22 am
Love it.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 12:32 am
Oooo.... VERY nice job Easty.... I'm LOVING that new colour scheme :!:

Very well done old Sausage :D

(May I ask if you will be doing a re-draw/re-colour of all your modern/in-service vessels now :?: )

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 12:36 am
adenandy wrote:
Oooo.... VERY nice job Easty.... I'm LOVING that new colour scheme :!:

Very well done old Sausage :D

(May I ask if you will be doing a re-draw/re-colour of all your modern/in-service vessels now :?: )
All of my modern fleet will be getting the colour changes. Applying the new scheme to IFAS Rockhampton at the moment.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 12:58 am
8-) Cool

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 1:55 am
Ooohhhh what a nice big gun you have!!

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 13th, 2016, 3:54 am
Here is IFAS Rockhampton resplendant in her new colour scheme.
[ img ]

[ img ]

Last edited by LEUT_East on September 26th, 2016, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Independent Federation of Australia AUPosted: March 15th, 2016, 8:00 pm
Nice to see new additions here.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 58 of 76  [ 752 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 156 57 58 59 6076 »

Jump to: