Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ] 
acelanceloet
Post subject: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 20th, 2011, 7:26 am
[ img ]
all I know of it is in the title. it looks like somebody tried to find an operational idea for the sea shadow :D
but well, as I like unconventional designs, I would like to draw it.... if I can find data.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 20th, 2011, 5:30 pm
It's an artist's concept so you've likely found everything there is to find.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 20th, 2011, 5:36 pm
ah, so this wasn't an real design? I couldn't even identify the UCAV, so that might be true....

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 20th, 2011, 7:19 pm
Much better to draw the UVX (by BAE)
[ img ]
:roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 6:23 am
Or, you know, you could quit rolling your eyes at this topic and start your own thread for this entirely unrelated drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 12:31 pm
True but then where would people get to troll?

I'm pretty sure you could make a feasible interpretation of it. I'm guessing the UCAVs would be X-47Bs or Cs but I couldn't see those being able to land easily again on a design like that. Perhaps an air complement of some sort of tilt rotor UAV (BA609 with Fire Scout architecture perhaps)? as well as a few manned helicopters.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 12:47 pm
about which of the 2 designs are you talking now? I doubt it is an x-47, for the simple reason that those are from northrop and this ship is from lockheed. if you look at the image, you see that they are taking of normal, and landing vertically on platforms. for (manned) helicopters there is an platform on top of the stern.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 1:18 pm
Just seems weird something like that being STOVL

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: lockheed stealth UCAV carrierPosted: April 23rd, 2011, 1:26 pm
I agree. still, that seems to be what they envisioned. (just thinking... it could be VARIOUS)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]  Return to “Sources and Reference Drawings”

Jump to: