Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: July 22nd, 2024, 3:39 am
Other Nations

Yucatán

Albatros Class
[ img ]
Decommissioned by Germany in the early 2000s, Yucatán's fledgling navy purchased 2x vessels for service as patrol and interdiction ships against drug & arms smuggling. The ships were modified in Germany, removing the Exocet, torpedo tubes, and the aft OTO 76mm mount for the emplacement of 30mm and an RHIB for interceptions. The pair were delivered via heavy lift in June 2006 where they have served regularly against narco vessels and in countering Cuban fishing trawlers violating the Yucatán EEZ.

Lockheed Martin F-16A M2000
[ img ]
The F-16A M2000 is an upgraded ex-West Floridian F-16A/B modernized by Lockheed Martin in Texas. The Yucatán ordered 20x of these modernized F-16A/Bs as a "cheaper" fast multirole aircraft capable of intercepting the MiG-21s & MiG-29s that violated Yucatán airspace. Pilots for the F-16s are trained in West Florida on the T-38 before they graduate into the F-16 training course. Unlike the other F-16s in the region, the Yucatán F-16 operates only the Python missile, with no AMRAAM capabilities due to costs.

Cessna A-37
[ img ]
6x ex-Chilean Air Force A-37s were purchased by Yucatán in 2000 to augment the Pilatus PC-7 in the counter-insurgency role. The purchase, deemed slightly controversial in the Air Force, was primarily a political ploy to encourage support for the Yucatán cause in Chile, with a desire to help deepen political relations between the two nations. The aircraft was donated at no cost due to the age of the airframes operated, however by 2006, the aircraft was withdrawn due to focus on restoring the full fleet of PC-7s to airworthy capacity. Before their scrapping, the jets were considered to fulfill a training role for a future jet aircraft, however, this would later be denied by the Yucatán government who noted the airframe's age.

Various

Venezuelan F-16A vs Colombian Kfir
[ img ]

From my new "Versus" series, this time pitting the F-16 against the Kfir over the Gulfo de Venezuela.

- Occasionally the Random pop-ups of my Abyssinia or Hong Kong AUs

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: August 5th, 2024, 9:39 pm
Type 209/1200mod

In the 1990s, the Colombian Navy opted to order a pair of Type 209/1200mods to counter the ever-growing threat of Communist Cuba's expanding Navy. Although offered The French Agosta-90B and 2ndhand British Upholder class, the ARC went with a modified variant of their existing Type 209/1200, known locally as the Pijao class. A pair of ships were ordered bringing the total ocean-going submarine count to a total of 4x units. With growing tensions in the region after the Venezuelan coup and subsequent invasion of Guyana, as well as the conflict between Peru and Ecuador, the Bolivar class would be deployed regularly in patrol operations to deter other nations from invading the Colombian EEZ.
[ img ]

"The word Br*t?sh is a horrible term I never want to hear from you again, We do not tolerate that dehumanization".

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: August 6th, 2024, 4:47 pm
Tiburón Class Frigate

[ img ]

The Tiburón class frigate is a part of the FFG-X program that sought to replace the aging Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates. Although the Victory class (a MEKO A100 derivative) was set to be procured, the FFG-X program focused on a dedicated anti-aircraft warfare frigate rather than a general-purpose vessel. The demand was for 3-4 ships serving in frontline roles alongside the Victory class, bringing the total frigate force to 8-9 units. Designed in partnership between Pentagon Marine & Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding, the Tiburón class utilizes western-sourced equipment in the Chinese-designed hull, allowing a mix of Chinese and American design styles.

Class overview (as completed)
  • Length (overall) - 455 ft
  • Beam & Draft - 52 ft & 16.5 ft
  • Standard displacement - 4.100 tons
  • Installed power - 3 × Rolls-Royce AG9160 Generators
  • Propulsion - 4 × steam turbines, 2 × screw propellers
  • Speed - 29 knots
  • Range - 3.500 nautical miles @18 knots
  • Main armament - Guns: 1 × 5-inch/54-caliber Mark 45 gun; Missiles: 36 × Mk 41 VLS
  • Secondary armament - 1 × Phalanx CIWS; 1 × RIM-118 (18 cell) HASFAB launcher; 2 × Bofors 40 Mk4; 4 × 20mm Oerlikon GAM-BO1
  • Torpedoes - 6x Mk 32 SVTT 324 mm torpedoes in 2 × triple launchers

[Profile] [Quote]
BvonTeapot
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: August 24th, 2024, 2:38 am
E-2C Hawkeye

[ img ]

Taken from the inherited American supercarrier Dwight D. Eisenhower in the late 90s, the Marina Militare and Aeronautica Militare adopted the aircraft to serve as the primary airborne AWACS for usage in the Mediterranean. Too large to operate from their carriers, the Italians instead operate the aircraft from land-based installations both in Italy and friendly nations within the region. A total of 5 are in operation as of 2024.

[Profile] [Quote]
minepagan
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: August 27th, 2024, 12:00 am
I just updated the OP with a spiffy new map and brought everything in line with the new canon. More drawings to follow!

Unfortunately some of the drawings I had posted are no longer canon, so I've removed them from the OP and compiled them here for posterity. May they ride eternal and chrome in the spirit of Yeehaw Juche.
Minepagan wrote:

[ img ]
The TS William B. Travis is Texas' only aircraft carrier. Originally launched in 1942 as the USS Lexington, she was turned over to the city of Corpus Christi in 1991 for use as a museum ship. She sat idle for several years before being commissioned by the burgeoning Navy of the Republic of Texas as the force's first and only operational capital ship. Originally equipped with ex-Canadian S-2 Trackers and TA-4 Skyhawks seized from Federal facilities, the Travis has undergone several changes to both itself and its air wing, including the addition of four Chaparral launchers taken from Army National Guard stores.

[ img ]
The TS San Jacinto began life as the Iwo Jima-class amphibious assault ship USS Inchon. In 1995 she was reclassified as a mine countermeasures ship and, after an extensive refit, homeported at Naval Station Ingleside. She spent most of the 1990s pierside—minesweepers are not terribly useful against insurrections, after all—and was ultimately absorbed by the Republic of Texas Navy shortly after the organization's founding. Transformed back into an amphibious assault ship, her utility is limited by her small size and dependence on helicopters to get marines ashore.

[ img ]
The Enterprise-class of patrol vessels are based on the Damen Stan patrol vessel 4708 design. Equipped with a 20mm Sea Vulcan gatling gun, four .50 caliber machine guns, and a fast-response RHIB, each vessel is well suited to anti-piracy and cartel interdiction operations.

[Profile] [Quote]
minepagan
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: August 30th, 2024, 2:08 pm
Uploaded and updated a few ships for Texas - specifically the Alamo, Reliant, and Statesman. In addition to that, here's a bonus boat from the Carribean:

[ img ]
The two [Valiente]-class corvettes are the largest ships of the Puerto Rican navy. Formerly United States Coast Guard Famous-class cutters, these ships were acquired in the early 2000s and refit with additional weapons and anti-submarine capabilities.

[Profile] [Quote]
LEUT_East
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: September 2nd, 2024, 12:10 am
This is a fantastic AU. I recently watched the movie "Civil War" and its rather disconcerting to see a modern democracy go into chaotic freefall.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: September 6th, 2024, 5:49 pm
Updated West Florida with:

General Atomics MQ-9MPA Sea Guardian x4
[ img ]
4x MQ-9MPAs were procured from California's General Atomics back in 2019 with the intent to help bulk up West Florida's ISR and maritime patrol aircraft force. The MQ-9MPAs are commonly forward-deployed to Yucatán or to Conch Republic to help locate drug & arms smuggling boats, as well as submarines from hostile powers such as Cuba, South Florida, and Venezuela. Carrying an advanced Leonardo Seaspray 7500E V2 AESA radar & two pods carrying a total of 16x sonar buoys, the Sea Guardian is a part of West Florida's developed drone program to help alleviate the manpower issue for manned aircraft.

[Profile] [Quote]
Ultraking101
Post subject: Re: America the DividedPosted: September 15th, 2024, 2:51 am
Updated West Florida With:

Xi'an C-34 Perseus
[ img ]
One of the most controversial orders of the West Floridian Air Force was the decision to replace the C-141 Starlifter in the 2010s. As part of the Emerald Coast Defense Expo 2018 (EXDE 2018), the WFAF held discussions and trials with the Antonov An-70, Airbus A400M, Kawasaki C-2, and Xi'an Y-20 for the years leading up to the purchase, with the various nations vying for an order of 4-5x units. Ultimately, the combination of a larger payload and a generous loan offer led to the selection of China's Y-20 as the winner of the competition. Antonov and Airbus filed lawsuits alleging bribery, forcing an independent investigation into the selection, however, the court ruled that both Xi'an & the WFAF had acted in legal business practices. Although the WFAF would select the Y-20, it demanded an upgraded specification with the integration of the Pratt & Whitney PW2000 instead of the Soloviev D-30KP-2/Chengdu WS-18 engine. The first unit is currently conducting trials in China and is set to be delivered in 2023.

McDonnell Douglas T-45 Goshawk
[ img ]
During the collapse, the United States had only just become the slow modernization replacement of its TA-4J and T-2 Buckeye naval training aircraft with the brand new BAE Hawk-derived T-45 Goshawk. Several units from NAS Meridian were relocated to the NAS Pensacola as part of the Gulf Coast Defense Force's recall mission, however, these units would sit in hangers for the duration of the Collapse. It was not until the early 2000s that the West Floridan Government was approached by the Texan government seeking to exchange all 30x of their T-45s for the 80x T-38 & TA-4Js that the West Floridan Air Force currently possessed in service and storage. This "swap deal" was accepted as a cheap effort to modernize the training systems of the WFAF, and benefited also from the existing training infrastructure from NAS Pensacola that was already preparing for the type's arrival before the collapse.

The T-45s would arrive via cargo vessels where they then would be converted into working service with the assistance of BAE engineers from the United Kingdom. In the 2010s, the aircraft was converted into T-45B status, getting rid of the carrier break and CATOBAR bar launcher, as well as a modernization of interior electrical systems & wing hardpoints to allow for combat stores to be embarked. The T-45 however does not see active combat service, instead it is in the advanced training role alongside the Super Tucano at Whiting Field. The T-45 was eventually selected to be the representative Blue Angels flight demonstration team, reviving the squadron after their F-18s were delivered to Brazil in the 1990s alongside the WFN Forrestal (now NAe Recife).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 6  [ 59 posts ]  Return to “Alternate Universe Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6

Jump to: