Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
Dalene
Post subject: Dalene's one-off designsPosted: September 2nd, 2024, 3:01 pm
Takao-Class Aegis Guided Missile Cruiser, JS Nachi (CG-186)

[ img ]

What can I say about this? Pretty much my imagination at work, I was inspired to do this as a meme of sorts after seeing a grafted design of a Kongo-class Destroyer mixed in with a Ticonderoga-class Cruiser. With my head saying I should make something like that too! This thing combines the design from the Arleigh Burke, however mixed in with some "Japanese qualities" so to top it off, this is pretty much a one-of AU design that I have concocted in the span of a week.

I must reiterate that I am not serious about this design, it's just having some fun at making something. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Dalene's one-off designsPosted: September 2nd, 2024, 8:27 pm
Interesting!
The only real thing I am worried about is the SPY-1 arrays, they seem quite low compared to the hangar aft of it. The aftmost SPG-62 also seems a tad blocked by the phalanx.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dalene
Post subject: Re: Dalene's one-off designsPosted: September 3rd, 2024, 2:23 am
That is actually a very good point, for the design of the hangar I cannot make an explanation for it in the time being. Other than its a hangar design I have made using qualities from both the Burkes and the Mayas, this is why it seemed the hangar is higher than the SPY-1 arrays.

As for the aft SPG-62 mount, yeah I get it. I was originally intending to mount the Phalanx as a flush mount like what the Japanese does, but in the end I opted for a pedestal mount like the Americans. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs”

Jump to: