Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 15th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Well it a great design!

[Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 15th, 2011, 3:26 pm
It is certainly novel, and worth developing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 15th, 2011, 4:48 pm
Thank you for your appreciation!

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 15th, 2011, 5:23 pm
I really like the concept, also.
Though of using the Bat for a AU ship of my own, but never could get the missile to look right.

I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 15th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Well, I'll try.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 16th, 2011, 4:43 am
Attachment:
Memphis.png
Well, it's the theoretical scheme, how i view the anti-ship launch of VE-14 drone.
Attachment:
Scheme.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 16th, 2011, 5:48 pm
Dilandu wrote:

Well, it's the theoretical scheme, how i view the anti-ship launch of VE-14 drone.
And all that time the enemy ship just waiting for the missile to arrive?
It seems like a very big missile, which on the "recieving end" will look like a small aircraft coming. AA opens up, first heavy calibre fire, say 5" or 4", later smaller weapons like 40 mm and just before impact everything else, and all that time radar jammers and radio jammers in operation to jam the commands from the radar and radio-link.

Please also note that although the ship looks nice with quite an original concept it is not drawn in Shipbucket-style. For it to be a true Shipbucket you need to do the shading right, hull color slightly darker than upper color, and also it seems that the ship is in the wrong cale compared to the scale-bar (I find it hard to believe a ship like this to be only 112 metre long or 367 feet long). Also you should use parts from the parts sheets in the archive and parts sheet thread as much as possible

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Dilandu
Post subject: Re: IRU "Memphis" - early missile destroyerPosted: October 16th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Quote:
And all that time the enemy ship just waiting for the missile to arrive?
Nobody said it was a good scheme. And yes, on the pulse-jet you can reach speeds pretty good ... up to 500 kilometers per hour. I.e. it takes to drone up to 10 minutes to fly on 45 km (battle range)

Quote:
It seems like a very big missile, which on the "recieving end" will look like a small aircraft coming. AA opens up, first heavy calibre fire, say 5" or 4", later smaller weapons like 40 mm and just before impact everything else, and all that time radar jammers and radio jammers in operation to jam the commands from the radar and radio-link.
Who would argue. Nevertheless, Bat bomb sometimes worked.

P.S. And by the way ... During the test launch of Loon - a copy of the V-1 - the ships were not able to bring it down. Although it is very trying.
Quote:
Please also note that although the ship looks nice with quite an original concept it is not drawn in Shipbucket-style. For it to be a true Shipbucket you need to do the shading right, hull color slightly darker than upper color, and also it seems that the ship is in the wrong cale compared to the scale-bar (I find it hard to believe a ship like this to be only 112 metre long or 367 feet long). Also you should use parts from the parts sheets in the archive and parts sheet thread as much as possible
I'll try to do it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: