Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
ICARE11
Post subject: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 5:17 am
The JHSV Program will provide high speed, shallow draft transportation capability to support the intra-theater maneuver of personnel, supplies and equipment for the U. S. Navy, Marine Corps, and Army. Work will be performed in Mobile, Ala., and is expected to be completed by November 2010.
With the options for the nine additional vessels expected to be exercised between FY09 and FY13, the program is potentially worth over US$1.6 billion.
Similar to the Austal-built "WestPac Express" operated by the US Marines for the past seven years, the JHSV will be capable of transporting troops and their equipment, supporting humanitarian relief efforts, operating in shallow waters and reaching speeds in excess of 35 knots fully loaded. The vessels will be a joint-use platform operated by both the United States Army and Navy.
The JHSV will have a 103 m catamaran hull (which is actually shorter than the 113 m Hawaii SuperFerry cats built by the yard) and a speed of more than 35 knots. A draft of 3.8 m will allow superior access to "austere" ports,
With a payload of 635 tonnes, its range at 35 knots will be 1,200 nautical miles.
Accommodations include embarked troop berthing for 150 troops and airline style seating for 312 Troops at 5.25 ft seating pitch.
The JHSV flight deck will be capable of handling the CH-53E, the largest and heaviest helicopter in the U.S. military. It will have a loading ramp arrangement capable of supporting M1A2 Abrams tanks.
An open, unobstructed mission deck will offer a usable cargo area of more than 1,800 sq. meters (clear height of 4.75 m and turning diameter of 26.21 m).
Propulsion power will be provided by MTU 8000 engines, as used in the LCS and Hawaii Superferry.
MTU 8000 Series diesels offer the world's highest power-to-weight ratio in their power range, delivering up to 12,200 bhp (9,100 kW) of continuous power, and a fuel consumption of less than 190g/kW h.
The JHSV will have an active motion control system with four control surfaces.
"Being selected as prime contractor for a major U.S. Department of Defense shipbuilding program demonstrates Austal's capabilities as a defense supplier," said Austal Managing Director Bob Browning. He termed the ten vessel program "an important step in Austal's strategy to create longer-term, more predictable earnings for our investors."
At Austal's Mobile shipyard, work is continuing on the first phase of a new state-of-the-art Modular Manufacturing Facility (MMF). Upon completion in mid-2009, the first half of the 70,000 square meter MMF will be available for the fabrication of all JHSV modules.
Austal USA's 1,000-strong workforce will grow to more than 1,500 as a result of the JHSV program.
Austal is teamed with General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems, who will design, integrate, and test the JHSV's electronic systems, including an Open Architecture Computing Infrastructure, internal and external communications, electronic navigation, aviation, and armament systems.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carthaginian
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 5:19 am
Looks good!
Another one is getting ready to splash down as we speak!
I'll have to see if I can go snap some pics when her and the next LCS go swimming at last.

[Profile] [Quote]
Philbob
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 5:39 am
I would look at Austals webpage for some detail imagery there is some very high res shots and profile onse to boot too!

[Profile] [Quote]
ICARE11
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 6:50 am
my information comes to 50% of the internet and 50% intranet military specialized

It is a fairly realistic JHSV, of which 10 draft are ordering on behalf of the US Army and 10 others for the marine corps

FY2011 30-Year Shipbuilding Plan

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 9:51 am
Very nicely executed drawing ICARE11.I must say I like the way you have drawn the stern area. :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 10:41 am
Yes, nicely drawn - top marks :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Excellent work, loving the stern detailing. Generally a nice unclutter drawing (though most modern ships tend to be uncluttered anyway!)

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 2:12 pm
Bombhead wrote:
Very nicely executed drawing ICARE11.I must say I like the way you have drawn the stern area. :mrgreen:
Hardly surprising. After all, he didn't draw it himself.
[ img ]

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Ah.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 3:29 pm
Hm. That's enough of a copy that credit should be provided.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 »

Jump to: