Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 3:33 pm
Yeah I would say so.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 3:38 pm
also, wasn't JSHV an australian design? at least it was made by AUSTAL, IIRC. and I don't recall it has ever been build, so what is it doing in real design section? I might be wrong on those though.
EDIT: ah, scrap that, the first ship of this class is close to being finished and is build for the USN... but to be correct, this should be called JSHV-1 USNS Spearhead ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 3:55 pm
And I see our request to not using attachments has been ignored.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 4:17 pm
Hadn't noticed that.

EDIT: If its determined that the ramp is part then its ok. As it is, it seems the entire stern section has been pasted here. Does the JHSV actually have a matching stern layout to the Australian vessel?
I'm with Bill that we've already covered this ground, its seems the entire vessel is not copied apart from the stern ramp area and I'm happy for the ramp to be counted as a part.

Again for the record, credits should only be for major portions only (entire hulls, underwater hulls, entire superstructures) etc. and not minor parts like single masts or cranes etc. SB is meant for a degree of standardisation. ICARE 11 has drawn the majority of the vessel himself and has done a good job. So I feel no credit is needed for the use of the ramp and stern section as a part.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 4:51 pm
Sigh.... :( Here we go again. My ten cents worth is that he used a fairly small part of the other drawing: the aft swinging ramp and surounding section; the rest being drawn from scratch. Now if we are going down this road, its going to mean multiple listings on a lot, and I mean a lot of drawings. I do take small bits from other drawings (not all in the parts sheets), but if we are going to insist on this level of crediting I will draw everything from scratch not in the parts sheet.

[Profile] [Quote]
ICARE11
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: January 14th, 2012, 8:45 pm
It is normal that I use the same rear ramp on the JHSV, as is the case in reality for this project under construction

as well as the floating hull that I modified deeply respecting the actual measurements of this ship

but for the rest I have all modeled myself

[Profile] [Quote]
Lurian
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: June 6th, 2013, 10:00 pm
I’ve been playing with this one back when I worked on the Hawaii Superferry. But since it had been done before I didn’t post it. The Navy received its second unit today, so here’s the second one for Shipbucket... ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: June 7th, 2013, 3:14 am
I read on the web that one of them will be named "Bismarck" :o I realized they meant Bismarck, North Dakota :oops: Good lookin' drawing though.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: June 7th, 2013, 8:16 am
Very nice work.

[Profile] [Quote]
ICARE11
Post subject: Re: JHSVPosted: June 12th, 2013, 9:06 am
very good job Lurian ! :D

your ship is vastly better than mine!

sincerly congratulation!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: