Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 50  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1450 »
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 17th, 2012, 11:08 pm
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 17th, 2012, 11:33 pm
wowwowowowowowowWOW Glorfindel that is a goood one!

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 3:13 am
Actually Glorfindel, I made the new one that I posted. It is accurate. And you messed up with the Egyptian Spitfire.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 3:41 am
Kilomuse wrote:
Been lurking for a bit and checking out all this great work you guys are doing that I just had to give it a go myself. I hope I got the format right!

[ img ]
I don't know about accuracy (I just haven't checked - sue me, homework comes first :P ), but you definitely have the essence of that plane.

Welcome to the board.

[Profile] [Quote]
Glorfindel
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:55 am
nighthunter wrote:
Actually Glorfindel, I made the new one that I posted. It is accurate. And you messed up with the Egyptian Spitfire.
First I took DP's Mk.II for the israeli ones, but you told me correctly, that the israelis were flying Mk.IX. So I drew the Mk.IX completly new, execpt that I used your cockpit and your props. I think it is accurate to, but maybe I am wrong. My egyptian Spitfire is also a Mk.IX (the egyptian also used this), yours is a Mk.Vc.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 8:15 am
Quote:
PB, the Fury was a development from the radial engined Tempest. The Tempest we know is actually known for its V-12 and large intake similar to the F-8 Crusaders and A-7 Corsairs of the Jet age.
Sorry mate, what you've got here is the radial engined Tempest (please see the link I provided). The actual Fury/Sea Fury was only built in the navalised version and is a very diferent beast to the Tempest, being a much improved fighter. IIRC The Iraq'is bought surplus Se Fury's, some of which got crated for years; eventually these lovely machines were discovered, and most of the still flying Sea Furie's are from this batch. So, while your Tempest is a damn good drawing, you'll need to check to see if any were sold to Iraq post war.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 7:41 pm
PB, I see you point, but you can understand my slight confusion with the body style being so similar.

Glorfindel, the Egyptians used both actually. I was referring to the Lack of a black line around the antenna.

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 10:05 pm
The Iraqi Furies were just that, de-navalised land-based Furies of the type that was intially offered to the RAF before the end of the war. Iraq I think was the only nation to buy any including some of the two-seat trainers.

The Fury was born out of the Tempest as a Light Tempest, a smaller and more efficent design but indeed both look very similar at a quick glance.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 18th, 2012, 11:47 pm
Thanks Hood!

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale vehicles 4Posted: January 19th, 2012, 8:10 am
True, that the lineage is from the Tempest, but again IIRC, Sir Sydney was (by then) in possession of more German R & R that was incorporated into the Fury project; in that sense they were very diferrent though superficially similar; though wasn't the Tempest itself designed on the back of a captured FW190? I know the Typhoon wasn't particularly good as a pure fighter, but brilliant in the fighter bomber role.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 50  [ 491 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1450 »

Jump to: