Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 3 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 3:11 pm
wich rockets on the ship are outdated?

[Profile]
KES Paige captain
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm
I want it to look like a Futurized battleship made in WWII, that has been constantly updated. what is a RL?
new version;

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 3:45 pm
It's simply appalling! One advice in all friendliness: leave it be here, do not proceed, do not ask for help, just leave it slone. Instead, start reading up on naval design, what's required and what's feasible, and since your skills seems to be less than mediocre, please take time to study the drawings in our forum and the archive, study closely how they've been drawn, learn the proper technique - but whatever you do, cease and desist from posting anymore of your abominations!

[Profile]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 4:13 pm
There are no RL equivalents, all battleships died out during or around the Cold War because they became useless. Anything they could possibly do smaller ships or even jets could do better and for less cost. As beautiful as battleships are, they're rather worthless in modern times.

And I'll give you a few hints for after you follow Bezo's advice, use a white background, not dark grey. Props should be facing the other direction, the only reason they'd ever face forwards is if they are directional bow thrusters for steering. And I think those have been mostly replaced with in-bow versions instead of pod versions. (Though I don't know for sure)

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 4:16 pm
They are azipods (Or how you spell it)

[Profile]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 4:21 pm
Oooh, ok, what little I did know about them caused me to speak wrongly, my bad. And yes that is how you spell it, knowing what things are to begin with sure does help when you're trying to look it up lol.

Though that being the case, you wouldn't use a rudder with them.

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Fixed pods and rudders are viable, and were used on the CPCX design.

[Profile]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 5:46 pm
:| Every time I learn something I find out there's an exception to it...

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 8:17 pm
Rotating pods don't have rudders, but fixed pods do.

[Profile]
LordMalachi
Post subject: Re: futuristic battleship; HELP on superstructure.Posted: February 13th, 2012, 8:23 pm
Other than whether or not there's a rudder, is there any way to tell the difference at a glance?

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 3 of 8  [ 75 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 58 »

Jump to: