Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2852 »
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 1:43 am
Regarding 3/70:

Per the above-linked navweaps figure, the turret should be 151.38" high from deck to top of sighting bubble, or 25.2px. My version is 26px high; heuhen's adjusted version is 22px. The overall length of the gunhouse should be 200" or 33.3px. My version is 35px; heuhen's is 30px. Overall length (muzzle to back of gunhouse) should be about 313" or 52px. My version is 54px; heuhen's is 46px. Clearance circle should be 248" or 41.3px; my version is 41px; heuhen's is 38px.

In every case, my version is as accurate or more accurate than the revised version. While mine could use some fine-tuning in size, everyone please make sure that any new version is more accurate than the old one. Less accurate does nobody any good.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 5:42 am
erik_t wrote:
Regarding 3/70:

Per the above-linked navweaps figure, the turret should be 151.38" high from deck to top of sighting bubble, or 25.2px. My version is 26px high; heuhen's adjusted version is 22px. The overall length of the gunhouse should be 200" or 33.3px. My version is 35px; heuhen's is 30px. Overall length (muzzle to back of gunhouse) should be about 313" or 52px. My version is 54px; heuhen's is 46px. Clearance circle should be 248" or 41.3px; my version is 41px; heuhen's is 38px.

In every case, my version is as accurate or more accurate than the revised version. While mine could use some fine-tuning in size, everyone please make sure that any new version is more accurate than the old one. Less accurate does nobody any good.
We have the Scandinavian inches, we have the U.S., and we have the international. Guess what I used. It's also why my was completely wrong ...

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 2:13 pm
Well, you learn something new every day. I wasn't aware there was a Scandanavian inch in regular (or even irregular) use. Would this be the 25mm 'metric inch'?

And would you like to resize it again, with the 25.4mm inch this time? :)

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 2:31 pm
erik_t wrote:
Well, you learn something new every day. I wasn't aware there was a Scandanavian inch in regular (or even irregular) use. Would this be the 25mm 'metric inch'?

And would you like to resize it again, with the 25.4mm inch this time? :)

We have the Norwegian one and we have the old danish one.

And I will do!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 2:49 pm
erik_t wrote:
The Danish inch is ~26.16mm.
It's almost never used any more though it does pop up from time to time within shipbuilding, carpentry and plumbing.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 14th, 2012, 3:41 pm
Thiel wrote:
erik_t wrote:
The Danish inch is ~26.16mm.
It's almost never used any more though it does pop up from time to time within shipbuilding, carpentry and plumbing.
When I build old Norwegian viking boats, we had that problem many time!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 15th, 2012, 12:22 am
What about this:
[ img ]

"Oh. so this topic is clean someone can delete those post i have made with the wrong size. so also no one use them to!"

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 15th, 2012, 1:39 am
All previous versions had the GUNAR misplaced in the side view, and did not have the viewports below the 'frog eye' domes. Heuhen, your top view is the right size but needs the aforementioned viewports.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 15th, 2012, 3:36 am
erik_t wrote:
All previous versions had the GUNAR misplaced in the side view, and did not have the viewports below the 'frog eye' domes. Heuhen, your top view is the right size but needs the aforementioned viewports.

[img]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... _erikt.png[/img
Thats look god. I'm Lost in translation so you can do that edit if it is needed. or you have to feed me with a spoon! hehe

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: USN SystemsPosted: February 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm
He's referring to the gap were the GUNAR radar sticks out of.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 52  [ 518 posts ]  Return to “Official Parts Sheets” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 2852 »

Jump to: