Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 »
heuhen
Post subject: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 3rd, 2012, 5:13 pm
It is of course for Caledonia, as a class of two-five vessel.

Armament consist of:
Missiles from Mk-13 that later has to be rebuild to fit Mk-26 and then VLC
1*twin 155mm gun for mostly shore bombing. but can engage other vessel or if in need as a AA battery.
some 40mm and 30mm Where 30mm will later be replaced by Phalanx or Goalkeeper. 40mm can perhaps be replaced with some sort of a RAM system during a refit.
torpedoes the classic way.
Bellow deck hangar with place for 2-3 helicopters and a separate helicopter workshop.

Electronics:
Sonars hull mounted and towed.
SPS-49.
CGN-1 4-illimuninator (2 forward, 2 aft), CGN-2 5-illimuninator (3 forward (2 side by side), 2 aft)
The big radar: Very high power long range radar (What type of a task this radar can do is probably a ques for those that can radars) Note Have tried to draw it as a 2 in 1 radar (on small and long radar, The metal thing on top of the grid radar.)

She is nuclear I thing two small reactors with 2-3 diesel generator in a support system, the drive is of course electric.
speed: High, with a 20++++ knots cruise speed.

If you want, you can come with 3 or more refit ideas that are most likely she is getting during her career with real world weapons and electronics.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 3rd, 2012, 5:27 pm
If you have two quad-cell harpoon launchers, then why does the rear Mk13 have to launch harpoons as well?

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 3rd, 2012, 5:35 pm
gordo8000 wrote:
If you have two quad-cell harpoon launchers, then why does the rear Mk13 have to launch harpoons as well?
just to be nasty, but I don't have to have harpoons in the Mk13

[Profile] [Quote]
gordo8000
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 3rd, 2012, 6:16 pm
Just curious as to why. Also, later in her career, you could replace the large radar array with something like SPY.

[Profile] [Quote]
socar37
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 12:12 am
With Mk13 launchers I assume you are using 3rd Gen reactors (D2G/D2W equivalent). In that case you should be aware of the need for access to refuel every 20 years or so. Newer core designs are life-of-the-ship and don't need overhead access but the older ones do.

SoCar37

"Prepared In Mind & Resources"

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 12:38 am
I don't get it. You've got this fat beamy hull (near 15,000 tons but fully 60 feet shorter than a California) with presumably similar plant, so you'll be lucky to make 25 knots. Why are you bothering with nuclear power? Not much point in sustained maximum speed when your damned oilers can keep up. Meanwhile, on this 40% over-size on California, you've added a director, a big gun, and three in-hull helo spots? Eight light-caliber AA turrets, plus NSSM? And all that <strike>crap</strike> capability you've added, but no 3D search and track capability?

This badly needs a rethink, IMHO.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 5:31 am
erik_t wrote:
I don't get it. You've got this fat beamy hull (near 15,000 tons but fully 60 feet shorter than a California) with presumably similar plant, so you'll be lucky to make 25 knots. Why are you bothering with nuclear power? Not much point in sustained maximum speed when your damned oilers can keep up. Meanwhile, on this 40% over-size on California, you've added a director, a big gun, and three in-hull helo spots? Eight light-caliber AA turrets, plus NSSM? And all that <strike>crap</strike> capability you've added, but no 3D search and track capability?

This badly needs a rethink, IMHO.
1. she is not that fat, but she is still fat. so I was thinking she will be around 12,000 tons. Length wise I can give her the length increase and thus give better place for the crew.
2. The electricity to those damn big and ugly radar and the electric drive, I can always use gas-turbines (high/low-speed).
3. So a gun in the size of 127mm are more appropriate than a 155mm (and then let the 155 mm for Destroyers).
4. Helo. nice to have three helos than 1.
5. AA turrets, I wanted to go clasic.
6. I'll change the sps-49'ish with something like a sps.48.

Now I am going to work.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 2:10 pm
Increased the length to 180m but then I got a bit carried away. so where did I go crazy. When you all are come to a conclusion, I will finish her in the weekend, and then do the Skjold class (Have got some new accurate drawing of that class) And when I am don with her I will restart on Ise class (Since there are some confusing length of the class (4/5 different length information on that class) so If you have Information on Ise class just Pm me because I most likely have lost all the documents!

Dimensions:

Length: about 180m
Beam: at them moment: 21m
depth: with sonar: 10,2m
weight: around 12,000 to 15,000 tons depends on weapon load

In the radar department I have gone for Very Long rang 2D air radar High power (similarity with SPS-17 just bigger and more heavy). The other radar I have gone for is a Medium range SPS-39 3D radar. Hopefully this can work.

But pleas use the Axe one me! I need it perfect, I even can change the entire layout on her.

[ img ]

Last edited by Gollevainen on May 4th, 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lets not use ADM/mods colors for own posting, but retain them to moderation purposes in sake of clarity

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Strewth :shock: Four launchers, and four directors :o No offence, the basic concept is okay; meaning, the hull is interesting; but erik_t has already pointed out some problems with the actual fit.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Need a bit Help on this one.Posted: May 4th, 2012, 4:57 pm
Portsmouth Bill wrote:
Strewth :shock: Four launchers, and four directors :o No offence, the basic concept is okay; meaning, the hull is interesting; but erik_t has already pointed out some problems with the actual fit.
(6)

[Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 »

Jump to: