Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 6 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:38 pm
and so do I. shipbuilding calculations, especially those with bouyancy and weights, take huge amounts of data as input, which you will never be able to do accurately on paper, let alone you know how to do it. and without those, you cannot check the 2 most imporant things: will if float, and will it float the correct side up.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:42 pm
I will try and do a springsharp report on it.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:45 pm
no. no. no. you were saying you did calculations. you will show us those calculations, or at least tell us how you did them, or we will assume you were lying and never take your word again for anything.

springsharping it would be doing your calculations over again..... surely, it is easier to just note them here, don't you think?

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:49 pm
And let's not forget that springsharp can't model carriers.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Ok fine the way I did my calculations is that I took the measurements of my ship armoured deck ect, and times them with the mass of steel (per meter cubed) to get to the mass of the object that I was doing then I add all of the parts below the waterline and subtracted the mass of the armoured deck and the guns island ect to get my answer, the two reasons that I went wrong was the I did not convert the measurements into metric and use the wrong type of steel.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:57 pm
say that again, step by step and slowly? because right now it doesn't make any sense.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 7:59 pm
Basically I added up all the measurements of my ship and times them with the mass of steel and subtracted the mass of above the waterline with the mass of everything below the waterline.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 8:03 pm
wait what. you did like your ship was an solid block of steel and calculated that?
uhm.... yeah that is quite easy. and doesn't work.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 8:04 pm
I did account for empty space which I should have first said. :oops:

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 8:14 pm
It doesn't matter, you're using the wrong math

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 6 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: