Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 7 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 8:14 pm
empty space? you should take account for construction and plating thickness instead.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/Foto0040.jpg
this is the forward section of an medium sized inshore pusher tug I have welded parts for. you see part of the construction of the vessel. see how complicated it is?

ok. now let me hear how you have accurately made estimations on the weights of that carrier of yours. also, of it's stability (which you have told nothing about, and which is what you should have checked as well)

first thing to check is to see if the construction + fuel + ammo + engines weight is not going over the displacement. second thing is to check stability. as far as I can see, you have done nothing of it. if you have done calculations, (And I still seriously doubt it) you have wasted paper. note also that the howto of the above methods are actually on the bucket.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 11th, 2012, 8:18 pm
Oh my, I fell rather silly now. :oops:

I think I might scrap the carrier then.

[Profile] [Quote]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 13th, 2012, 5:06 am
TimothyC wrote:
I eat DiffyQs for breakfast. I do Laplace transforms for fun. I swing the hammer of stochastic analysis with force and precision.
Statements like this are precisely why I got a degree in History and not math. My head spins just trying to read it. :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
jabba
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 13th, 2012, 7:48 am
I swing the hammer of love with force and precision.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 13th, 2012, 8:33 am
Zephyr wrote:
TimothyC wrote:
I eat DiffyQs for breakfast. I do Laplace transforms for fun. I swing the hammer of stochastic analysis with force and precision.
Statements like this are precisely why I got a degree in History and not math. My head spins just trying to read it. :lol:
I can perfectly relate to it, Mate. :D :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 13th, 2012, 9:13 am
I tell you ... black magic ... BLACK MAGIC! :geek:

[Profile] [Quote]
Master Chief Brown
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 17th, 2012, 6:25 am
I agree with all these gents who have commented. I suggest you do what I do when I want to write a book-read all about the subject, look at pictures, and play conservatively and carefully, with ample time to go back and change things.

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 7:01 pm
I may not be the most active, prolific, or even good artist on here; but here's how I learned. First of all, carriers have been hard for me to get into an I've honestly been avoiding them, so make sure you know your shit before trying one. The way I started way back when was to make a terrible ship, get told how terrible it was, fixed it, tried again. Read books. Blocked things out. Still failed. Tried again. Now after quite a while of doing this I began to pick up how ships work, what makes them tick. Hell if I know even a sliver of what there is to know, but I know a lot more then when I started.

So what should you do? Practice, read, learn. Once your able to make a ship without anyone on the forum having much more then minor nitpicks (again, I'm still not there) try a carrier.

This is just my two cents from my experience by the way.

[Profile] [Quote]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:21 pm
Or ask someone for help. (Thanks Raxar)

I have updated the drawing.

I hope the AA is not overkill.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Ark Royal class aircraft carrierPosted: October 25th, 2012, 8:27 pm
If the drawing does show the carrier in a timeframe that precedes 1940s you have too much AA.
The down-facing funnels are a good idea (like japanese carriers) but i suggest you to rise them by one deck, also you need some railings on the walkways and rework the island structure because now il look strange; try to look at japanese carriers like Akagi/Kaga or Soryu/Hiryu if you want a small island.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 7 of 8  [ 78 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 8 »

Jump to: