Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 9 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 1:14 pm
Why on earth?? Please clone commander, read the SB rules: no depiction is allowed of a ship in damaged or sinking condition, unless relevant for a continuous presentation. ( the USS Houston at the battle of the Java Sea, for instance, might be the exception to the rule, since she was damaged on Feb. 9th, 1942, had makeshift repairs done, and, thus, went in a damaged state into battle on Feb. 27-28, to be sunk by Japanese torpedoes.
but in Takao's case I really cannot see the benefit of highlighting human suffering and tragedy in such a way, so I say nay to such a proposal.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 6:36 pm
And here is Maya as of 1944 after conversion into an anti-aircraft cruiser
[ img ]
Bulges where added, type 13 air search radars and a type 22 surface search radar where fitted, turret 3 was removed, heavy AA armament increased to 12 5-inch (127mm) guns in twin mounts, lightAA is composed of 13 triple and 23 single 25mm machine guns argumented by four 25mm and thirty-six 13mm sinle dismountable mounts; also the four twin torpedo tubes where replaced by quadruple ones, altough no reloads where carried.

Just a clarification: beign the 4x25mm and 36x13mm machine guns fitted in dismountable mounts i have found no evidence whatsoever about their position, so i simply left them out the drawing.

I have also choosed the second Camouflage version done by Colosseum and posted on the first page with all the other drawings, Thanks Colo for your help, the result is astonishing.

As i said, first page is updated with ships and accompaining text; The Takao Class Project is completed.
Many thanks to M.I.Collette, Colosseum (again), Emperor_andreas and Colombamike for permissions, help, sources and whatever i might had forgot to say.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 7:44 pm
The first post is an absolute embodiment of Shipbucket's ideals.

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 7:50 pm
Beautiful work...I am blown away.

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 8:39 pm
Great work, BB1987, and congrats on the promotion. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 8:59 pm
I didn't notice that until just now...hearty congratulations, my friend...you truly deserve it!

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Aye! you deserve it BB' you are modern example of extremely talented shipbucketer!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 8th, 2012, 10:36 pm
One BB1987 is worth ten of the average Shipbucket forum members!

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 9th, 2012, 12:37 am
Looks like BB got an early Christmas present from the mods

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Japan - Takao Class Heavy CruiserPosted: November 9th, 2012, 12:43 am
Clonecommander6454 wrote:
Here comes the Takao during the 45'. Could I please request a version after the attack of British X-Crafts?
She really didn't even look all that different after the attack...most pics of her I've seen after the surrender show her without any noticeable topside damage, as the air raids on Singapore didn't even bother her and Myoko. Even pics taken right before she was scuttled show there isn't much damage.

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 9 of 10  [ 94 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 16 7 8 9 10 »

Jump to: