Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 18 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2029 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 28th, 2012, 3:33 am
Here's an updated version. I replaced the Turret with something more like the one on a BTR, and I lowered the roof and made the "Vee-Hull" a little less pronounced.
[ img ]
Since no one has given me any examples of another APC to look at, I am going to stick with this right now.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 28th, 2012, 7:26 am
The closest ones I can think of are the various 4x6 armoured cars from the 1920ies.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:21 pm
That BTR hybrid is simply hideous and has been previously said much too top heavy. If you want to transport big squads into battle you're better off looking at something like the PARSwhich was in turn based upon the GPV Colonel Plenty of options with what you can do with them. Another option you might want to look at if you don't want full on heavy APCs/IFVs is something like the RG-35 in both it's 6x6 and 4x4 variants.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 28th, 2012, 6:43 pm
this is all you need! http://www.norvetnet.no/gfx/bilder/isaf ... _small.jpg

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 28th, 2012, 9:05 pm
I would like to say, first off, that I already have an 8x8 BTR/Stryker-esque APC. It's about 2 or 3 pages back. The reason I was going with this BTR-152 design was because I think it's a cool truck and I think it could still be useful in modern day situations. Of course, that's probably not true.
Earlier today I remembered the Cougar HE and the South African Ratel, so I may base my actual truck off of that.
I do have some tracked IFVs that I'm about to start on (and everything else on my list) so I'll post those as I get them finished to see what yall think.

Thanks for the comments.
-EZ-

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: November 29th, 2012, 4:04 am
Ok, just to keep it simple, I'm going to stick with this.
[ img ]

Model: AIT-4 (Armored Infantry Transporter)

Produced by: Concord Motors Corporation

In service: 1990-present

Weight: 17.5 short tons
Length: 25ft 3in
Width: 9ft 6in
Height - Hull: 7ft 0in
Height - OA: 9ft 0in
Crew: 3+10(11) passengers

Main armament: remotely operated .50 cal machine gun or .30 machine gun
Armor: 15mm
Engine: 7.0L twin-turbocharged V8 producing 350hp at 2500rpm
Range: 450-500 miles
Speed - Land: 55 mph
Speed - Water: 6.5 mph

And here ar the specs for the TH-1
[ img ]

Model: TH-1 (Tank Heavy)

In service: 1980-present

Weight: 60 short tons
Length - Hull: 28ft 0in
Length - OA: 37ft 4in
Width: 12ft 6in
Height - Hull: 5ft 9in
Height - Turret: 8ft 4in
Crew: 3 crew (driver, commander, gunner)

Main armament: 125mm smoothbore cannon, 35 rounds
Secondary Armament: coaxial .30 machine gun, pintle mounted .30 machine gun and remotely operated .50 cal machine gun
Armor: Chobham, RH armor, depleted uranium strike plates, Kevlar mesh
Engine: 45.0L twin-turbocharged V12 producing 1500hp at 3000rpm
Speed - Land: 45 mph

EZ

Last edited by ezgo394 on December 17th, 2012, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackscorpy
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: December 14th, 2012, 5:52 am
Hi, a few comments after reading a few pages (both from the beginning and the end):

1. Effective way for increasing manpower: Have some sort of national service. Brings about 70% of the male population into the reserve force annually, plus the volunteering females (assuming you go with male conscription and female volunteers as quite a few Western nations do/did). Mind you, Russia has a conscription in effect, too... well, atleast sort of. My to-be-announced AU should have a maximum reserve strength of around 1 million, for a 10 million nation. With an active strength of less than 100k.
When done well enough, the results are very impressive - just look at the Swiss. They got Brigadier Generals in the reserves, and the reserve units conduct their own yearly live-fire exercises. And some months of proper discipline and taking responsibilities hardly should have a negative effect in young men, atleast if they can be kept motivated.

2. For APC - look at some MRAPs and for example the Czech Tatrapan, based on the very reliable Tatra 815 truck. The also based a proper APC on Tatra trucks, the OT-64 SKOT. Besides other things like SPGs and rocket launchers. Being based on a truck, it shouldn't be very difficult to enlarge the cargo space if needed. And Tatra trucks, well, are just awesome and all that.

3. Continuing with APCs, Sisu Pasi (Patria XA-180 and XA-200 series) and the German TPz Fuchs are bots fairly "peaceful" looking and with plenty of space.

4. Was going to say something here, but my brain is starting to turn itself off, so I'll just leave it be.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: December 16th, 2012, 1:18 am
Thank you for your comments.
Before I continue, I would like to say that I am not going to continue with this AU. I have been working on an AU that has a more realistic history, and will be posting that when I feel that it is ready. (To make a note, most of the basics will roll over from this AU).

Now to your comments:
1) I had considered that before, but wasn't really sure if I should implement it. I think that is a good idea.
2) That is a good idea. I had looked at a Tatrapan before, but never considered it (or even looked at the specs). The fact that it is based on a truck chassis would make it easier and cheaper to produce.
3) I had never really considered 6x6s, as I am more for 8x8s and 10x10s, mainly because of the 13 man squads that they would be required to transport.
4) If you have any other comments, feel free to post them. I am always open to ideas.

-EZ-

EDIT:
Actually, I retract comment #2. I can see that there are several 6x6 that can carry 13 man squads.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: December 17th, 2012, 4:42 am
I really want to wait but i need to get some opinions on this. This is for the next (revised) AU and I am stumped on the interior layout.

[ img ]

Ok, I'm satisfied with the outside layout but not sure how to proceed with the interior. I have three interior options. (the circles are 24 inches)

In the first one, the 8 troops in the troop compartment face the outside, and go through the side doors. There are 2 more troops behind the driver and the commander, that exit through the side door as well. (The soldier in the center is in the turret). The engine is located in the rear.

The second one is basically the opposite, with the 10 troops facing inwards.

The last one is what I would really prefer to do, but not sure it will work. The 4 troops on the bottom (right side of the APC) exit through the right doors, the 3 troops closest to the left side door exit through there, and the 3 troops closest to the rear exit through a rear door. The engine is set to the right, in an enclosed compartment (much like the French VAB, but in the rear), and the turret is slightly offset to the left. I like this arrangement the most becuase it offers the ability for troops to exit through 2 side doors, 2 roof hatches and the rear door.

Length: 26' 3"
Width 9'9"
Height: 9'4"
Crew: 3(4)+10 passengers
Weight: 20

Main armament: 30mm autocannon
Armor: protected against 14.5mm AP rounds
Engine: 7.0L twin-turbocharged V8 producing 350hp at 2500rpm
Speed - Land: 55 mph
Speed - Water: 6.5 mph

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Ethan

Last edited by ezgo394 on December 17th, 2012, 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: December 17th, 2012, 5:21 am
I would go with the latter though (If its possbile) or rearrange the vehicle and put the engine in the front one side the driver on the other and move the turret back (like an LAV)

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 18 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 116 17 18 19 2029 »

Jump to: