Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 44 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4654 »
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 11th, 2012, 7:21 pm
Now I just need to do a 737-200 and get the livery done on it, so he can see what a 1970 Version would look like.

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 12th, 2012, 10:36 pm
Update:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 13th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Nice idea, and the livery looks very good on all these planes.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 14th, 2012, 7:55 pm
[ img ]

[Profile]
Cplnew83
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 14th, 2012, 8:39 pm
Nice bird.
Is that the future of the RZNAF ? Or the fighter squadrons are definitely disbanded ?

Worklist, FD scale submarines and ships :
- Project 971 "Akula" (80%)
- Project 705 "Alpha" (10%)
- Project 371 (70%)
- Project 1459 (30%)
- Projekt 151 Sassnitz (To be redone)

[Profile]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 14th, 2012, 10:00 pm
It's a Whiff, meaning it will never happen, the RNZAF no longer uses combat aircraft, last I checked.

[Profile]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 14th, 2012, 11:36 pm
There had been talk of bringing out some of their Aermacchi trainers (which can fulfill light combat duty and airspace patrols) out of storage but that was already a few years ago. Looks like if they are going to bring back fixed-wing combat capability it's going to start from scratch.

If they were to, buying used Hawk 200s might not be a bad idea.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 15th, 2012, 9:43 am
Nighthunter, that RNZAF Hawk 200 is amazing, such a fighter could have easily replaced their A-4s in the late 1990s and would of had enough multi-role capability with Sidewinder and Sea Eagle etc to provide defence for those islands. I think its a pity more nations never brought them, instead they all jumped onto the complex supersonic all-singing and dancing bandwagon that is the F-16 and now the F-35. Think how many Hawks you could buy for the price of an F-35...

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 15th, 2012, 3:41 pm
I totally agree with Hood; do an initial Hawk purchase to replace the Strikemaster, then get a single squadron of Hawk 200's up and running,thereby salvaging some capability in the combat role

And of course, another great drawing from DP

[Profile]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: FD scale Alternate Universe DesignsPosted: December 15th, 2012, 7:15 pm
Great drawing as always! Not to get too off topic here, but I once red an excellent discussion on a forum who's name escapes me about New Zealand's military. I went in thinking the RNZAF should have at least some sort of jet combat aircraft and went out with the opinion that they gain very little with them. Long story short, New Zealand can't defend itself from any nation that is actually a real threat (one powerful enough to reach New Zealand with a capable invasion force) so there isn't much point in having a large and expensive military when 10-20 Hawk 200s won't do much vs. a Chinese Invasion force. Its not cost effective and considering they have no natural enemy IMO ad realistically I don't see them getting invaded anytime soon, theres really no point in them using combat jets. I would, however, like to see them use fighter again or at least buy something like a Super Tucano with Sidewinders

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 44 of 54  [ 536 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 142 43 44 45 4654 »

Jump to: