Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Enkhuizen II (railferry)Posted: February 10th, 2013, 11:05 pm
Awesome! I love rail ferries! Bridges are so overated :D

How many tracks does it have? Taking the beam into consideration, I would guess just one track on each side and maybe a middle one?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Enkhuizen II (railferry)Posted: February 10th, 2013, 11:36 pm
This is good work. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Enkhuizen II (railferry)Posted: February 11th, 2013, 8:22 am
Great work.
The only thing I see "wrong" (and it's perhaps disputable) is that ventillators are plain white - no shading or nothing - I'd suggest doing them very light grey + shading to show they are circular in diameter,
and there are several thing sthat aren't "wrong", but I would do bit differently:
-use bit lighter shades to show that "black" color - I know that black is... well, supposed to be black, but even after setting most extreme brightness of my screen, it was still one black blob ;)
-those two "masts" (or whatever it is) and lifeboat cranes I would do 3 pixel thick,
-I would make the shaft leading to propellers 3 pixel thick instead of 4 (that is: contour, shaft, contour).

[Profile] [Quote]
HugTugTheThug
Post subject: Re: Enkhuizen II (railferry)Posted: February 11th, 2013, 7:10 pm
@ Ezgo:
Yup, 2 tracks on the sides. The middle is filled with hatches, doors, storage spaces and Engine Stuff.

@ Eswube:
Good point, I will try fix the vents.

Though, I am going to stick with this shade of grey; it's already very grey on my laptop (it just starts to get a little bit black on low).

It's a good thing you reminded me of those "masts". Yesterday, I discovered their original colour should be white/grey-ish. And when I say "masts" I must confess that I have no idea what they are. I haven't found any picture yet showing a flag on it; and when this ship (or one of her (little) sisters) has a Dutch flag planted on it, it is located on the transom. I think it was used for signalling, but I will have to be more confident about that to put some flags on these "masts".

I will look at the shaft. I traced this drawing over a scaled original drawing of it, but I agree that it doesn't look right yet. I had understood that some artist's impression was allowed on shipbucket, so we will see what it will turn out like. ;)

Thanks for your comments! :D

[Profile] [Quote]
HugTugTheThug
Post subject: Re: Enkhuizen II (railferry)Posted: February 11th, 2013, 9:43 pm
There we are! I did some research, did some changes Eswube suggested and fixed some major errors.
Should you wonder why I changed the superstructure: the windows weren't right; and after taking a closer look at some pictures I noticed I used the superstructure framing of the the enkhuizen's sister, the SS Stavoren (which I will upload soon). So to keep this drawing a bit realistic, I had to change it to regular framing. I tried some different methods, but I think I will redo it some time from now after I get some sleep.

SS Stavoren coming soon! Let me know what you think (apart from the superstructure framing, it looks like $#!@, I know :().
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 15 posts ]  Return to “Beginners Only” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: