Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 6 of 16  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page « 14 5 6 7 816 »
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 25th, 2013, 3:43 pm
I like the latest design, and I can't find any reason to change the Limbo arrangement, as it follows a similar arrangement in real life - the logic being there was probbaly a reason for it. This hull is certainly generous enough to accomodate the 3-in twin, you might even consider moving it a bit forward to allow more arc of fire, but that may interfere with other kit; so yes, I like where this is going :)

Anybody got any gen on how this gun mount performed in the RCN? I'd be interested to know why they choose it and how it performed.

[Profile]
Hood
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 25th, 2013, 3:50 pm
I like Study 2 as well, looks very good. The staggered Limbo makes sense to me and is a realistic layout, I'm guessing a centreline arrangement means both have a common magazine (on one side of the ship) but I like it. I agree with Bill the twin 3in should be just a tad more forward.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile]
Novice
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 25th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Limbo in staggered position was installed on the Type 15, and Type 14 frigates, Type 12 and derivatives (a.k.a Leander class) were on the center line as well as the Canadian frigates.
As for the 3"/70 in Canadian service it must have performed quite well, otherwise it would have been replaced much earlier. Some ships retained the Mk.6 mounting along with the American pattern 3"/50 gun mounting (the Restigouche class as built for instance)

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 27th, 2013, 6:33 pm
I have started to get an idea on how she is going to look like.

The main guns is finish drawn, and is drawn as of 1945...

- I am those 40 mm bofors she have on the roof on number 2 and 3 main guns is the only 40 mm guns on here since other 40 mm guns would be drawn as removed (Only shielding or just an empty place with a foot for 40 mm.
next up is the 5 cm AA guns and all other guns... to be drawn. So they have a similar style with the main guns. (Prevent an "art" crash.)

The lock of the forward structure is getting there. And it is getting in shape.

[ img ]

[Profile]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 4:05 pm
Heuhen, while I appreciate what you have done, could I get a copy of the prior versions to work on? It's not that you are doing a bad drawing, it's just that you're not doing Alinga as she was originally envisioned. I know dropbox saves the previous versions so if you could send them to me, I would be most appreciative.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 5:15 pm
I haven't done any big change from last time, only the guns, that I gave some "bling" and the forward superstructure. I have infact a big problem on how the forward superstructure is going to look like. So you can play on that. But at least I have given you some ideas.

BTW do you want me to continue on drawing those guns in the same style as the main guns or have the main guns got to much "bling"?! or do you want them to look more like a "LEGO" brick?

Oh I think I have an solution to use you gun layout a bit better so it doesn't look so crowded, if you make a zone forward of the aircraft deck and aft of the aircraft deck, where you have pushed all guns so close together as possible. and ad some small lifeboats just bellow the aircraft deck.

this is the only version I have before the drawing I updated last:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88748209/hims_ ... 20work.PNG

Reason I don't have any other versions is because I am directly drawing on the file that I have saved in dropbox.

Eidt I see what you are talking about an earlier versions. At the moment there is 18-19 versions.

Version 9 2/17/2013:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/88748209/hims_a ... on%209.png

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 5:58 pm
Okay Zephyre what do you want... my I suggest you download the drawing and draw you'r ideas on it and post it, then I will go over it.

[ img ]

[Profile]
APDAF
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 6:03 pm
What about a class of large battleships called the Redemption class?

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 6:08 pm
APDAF wrote:
What about a class of large battleships called the Redemption class?

added to the list but it will take some time since I have other ships I am working on at the moment.

[Profile]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: You ask I draw!Posted: February 28th, 2013, 6:09 pm
This is the list:

1. (thimothyc) HIMS Alinga. (work in progress)
2. Biancini1995 fictional ship (not started yet) (I will combine a SPY-1/thales look with a Arleigh Burk class superstructure (tines two) on a "BB" hull (Most likely a Iowa on steroids)
3. grimreaper6 want Auxiliary and Service Force Ships.
4. Zephyr want a frigate for GH, a bit of a cross between a Leander and Knox, starting being commissioned in 1966? ASW as the primary mission.
5. Morten812 want a A large US cruiser a Long beach replacement. (this is a difficult one, But I will se if I can get any ideas. Perhaps I can use one of the large US cruiser concepts from the 80's-90's?)
6. Apdaf. large battleships called the Redemption class

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 6 of 16  [ 152 posts ]  Return to “Personal Designs” | Go to page « 14 5 6 7 816 »

Jump to: