Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 11th, 2012, 2:03 pm
As prototype he need to have flaws, teething issues ect: lets see how it will evolve.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: July 11th, 2012, 2:48 pm
eswube wrote:
Very interesting drawings! :)
However I concur with Hood's worry about Lilihelm's tail area. I compared it with Lancaster and with similar overall size, the tail has an area of about 2/3-3/4.
Manchester>Lancaster>Lincoln. 'nuff said.
Rhade wrote:
As prototype he need to have flaws, teething issues ect: lets see how it will evolve.
Indeed, that and whilst I have plenty of ideas rattling around my head, translating them into pixel form and making them look right is a pain in the proverbial.

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: IA-50K3 LeopardPosted: September 12th, 2012, 4:38 pm
I hope that I've finally been able to nail down the successive types of fighters in Atlantian service (from the 60s onwards) at least now... I present the pinnacle of Mirage III / 5 evolution in Atlantian service, the K3 standard of the Leopard (Mirage 5). These would have replaced some of the older Mirage IIIs as well as being new purchases. Over the years they have undergone successive upgrades culminating in the K3 designation which entails quite a few changes from the basic French delta...

For starters much like various other Mirages the Leopard has been re-engined (in this case by a GE F404 outputting 78.7kN in full reheat) also of note is the thrust reverser implemented to try to alleviate some of the problems associated with high speed long landings associated with the type. As in previous iterations of the Leopard there are two BK-27 revolver cannon in place of the 30mm weapons found on other Mirages. The K3 standard also introduced for the first time wingtip hard points for short range missiles and a dog-toothed leading edge in the wing. There are a total of eleven hard points on K3 standard airframes The wingtip and outer wing hard points are rated at 150kg whilst the inboard hard points are rated at 1000kg. The tandem under fuselage hard points are each rated at 500kg whilst the centreline is rated at 1000kg. The centreline and inboard wing hard points are plumbed for the carriage and usage of drop tanks.
From an avionics point of view the K3 model of the leopard benefits from the fitting of CAPTOR replacing the earlier Blue Vixen sets ensuring that the remaining Leopards will remain a useful asset to Atlantia until their replacements are comfortably in service.

There are various other changes to the airframe that are pretty self evident that I wont go into here. Anyhow that should be it for now pending an Atlantian paint scheme...

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: September 12th, 2012, 8:30 pm
Beatiful delta! I see a touch of IAI Nammer in there ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: September 12th, 2012, 8:35 pm
Ayeeess. I'd imagine the upgrades would be carried out with substantial cooperation with both Israel and South Africa to get to this point. Previously they would have been Spey powered a la the IIIK...

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: September 13th, 2012, 12:33 am
I love it!
were you inspired by the IAI Nammer by any chance?

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: September 13th, 2012, 8:34 am
Indeed as Kilomouse pointed out.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: September 13th, 2012, 2:56 pm
My Lionhawks were inspired by the Nammer as well as the Kfir, well done, Blackbuck!

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: A-17/A-33 NomadPosted: February 26th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Just to prove I'm still ambling along time for something new. An navalized A-17 Nomad which should form the bulk of dive/torpedo bombers from the outbreak of WW2 until the A-31 and Avenger come on-line.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Rhade
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: February 26th, 2013, 3:30 pm
Nomad! Great Scott, you da man Blackbuck!

PS: shipbucket logo ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: