Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: February 26th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Amended :P I forgot I was still in an old template.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: February 26th, 2013, 4:04 pm
Looks great! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: More aircraft!Posted: March 1st, 2013, 3:53 pm
[ img ]
Mainstay of the light bomber force from the beginning until near enough the end of the war. The Beaufort served in a multitude of roles in a number of variants two of which are illustrated above. Due to shortages and changing priorities for different powerplants they would fly with various engines ranging from the RR Merlin XX, Bristol Hercules XVII and on some variants R-2600-23s. Fixed armament and payload varied between variants with the earliest aircraft having five 7.92mm MGs (two in the dorsal turret, two beam guns and a single nose gun). This was later amended to eight 7.92mm weapons (four gun dorsal turret, two beam guns and two nose guns). From late 1941 it became clear that the 7.92mm weapons were no longer suitable defensive weapons for the aircraft so they were substituted for at first a single 12.7mm weapon in the dorsal position whilst retaining the 7.92 beam and nose weapons to eventually a power operated twin dorsal turret necessitating the removal of the beam guns. The 7.92mm nose guns were retained because of size constraints effectively negating a 12.7mm weapon being placed there. The most developed variants the Mk.XII.A and XII.B featured an enlarged bombay, strengthened wing from the Beaufighter capable of hanging a 500kg bomb under each as well as a pair of 12.7mm HMGs in each. The Mk.XIIA featured a redesigned solid nose with either six 12.7mm HMGs or four 20mm cannon. Whilst these aircraft were not as capable in the heavy fighter / intruder role as their Beaufighter cousins they could hold their own when called upon and were capable of some 500km/h at low-medium altitude. Like their British counterparts Atlantian Beauforts also conducted anti-shipping and anti-submarine operations for which they were able to be fitted with zero-length rocket rails (four per wing) and able to carry a semi-recessed torpedo. Payload ranged from in the early variants around 907kg to some 1500kg in the Mk.XII.

More to come!

[Profile] [Quote]
Kilomuse
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 1st, 2013, 6:53 pm
Wonderful Beauforts. The Burma scheme is really appealing, especially with the gun nose.

[Profile] [Quote]
Trojan
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 2:30 am
Superb!

References and feedback is always welcome!

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 8:43 am
Very nice work on that camouflage! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 9:18 am
Great work on those AU Beauforts. I love the idea of a Merlin-powered Beaufort (they did it with Beaufighters so I'm sure its possible) and the top one with the later turret and fixed guns in the nose looks awesome too, reminds me of a A-20G.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 11:46 am
Hood wrote:
Great work on those AU Beauforts. I love the idea of a Merlin-powered Beaufort (they did it with Beaufighters so I'm sure its possible) and the top one with the later turret and fixed guns in the nose looks awesome too, reminds me of a A-20G.
Why thank you all for the kind words.

There was a proposal to fit them with Merlin power-eggs if engines became hard to source (I'd imagine due to bombing or other priorities) so not too far fetched really. As for the attacker, I was going for that somewhat as well, I sort of see it as a Ventura or Harpoon that had a Ménage à trois with a Beaufort and A-20.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rowdy36
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 2nd, 2013, 2:55 pm
Nice! That top Beaufort especially is a fantastic looking aircraft :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Raxar
Post subject: Re: Parliamentary Republic of Atlantia (FD) ProjectsPosted: March 3rd, 2013, 2:16 am
Nice camo, suits the Beaufort well. :)

"If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." ~Ludwig Wittgenstein

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 48 posts ]  Return to “FD Scale Drawings” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: