Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 24 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2629 »
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 4th, 2013, 11:34 pm
I've updated my cargo trucks.
IMAGE REMOVED
The info is in the name: HT=Heavy Truck, 8=8 Ton Capacity, 6=6 Wheels & HT=Heavy Truck, 15=15 Ton Capacity, 8=8 Wheels

I have also updated the first post, putting in new information and the current WIP map.

Comments?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

Last edited by ezgo394 on March 6th, 2013, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 5th, 2013, 8:20 am
Nice. Keep it up. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 5th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Thank you Eswube :)

This the Mine Resistant Armored Vehicle series 2. It is based on the Cougar HE.
IMAGE REMOVED

The vehicle was designed by Technical Solutions in South Africa (alongside the Cougar HE) and is built on a modified version of the HT-86 truck chassis and utilizes an independent suspension to increase offroad mobility. It is also 6 inches wider than the Cougar HE, to widen the stance and lower the risk of it rolling over (and increasing the size of the troop compartment).

The Troop capacity on all models is 13, with 3 crew + 10 passengers.

The top MRAV has a ROWP (Remotely Operated Weapons Platform, pronounced 'Rope'), and the bottom MRAV utilizes a turret like those used on the AIT-5 and the AIFV-6, with a 30mm Autocannon and a 7.62mm coaxial. The turret also increases the survivability of the gunner in the event of a roll over.

Comments, input?

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

Last edited by ezgo394 on March 6th, 2013, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 5th, 2013, 9:40 pm
The first one looks good, but I don't get the 30mm auto cannon. Quite aside from the not inconsequential weight and resulting higher centre of gravity, an MRAV doesn't really have any use for one.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 5th, 2013, 10:24 pm
If I kept the turret and moved to a .50 cal, and a 40mm Grenade launcher, would that make more sense? I originally considered that, but opted for the 30mm for greater firepower. Plus, I'm not too worried about the higher center of gravity, because the vehicle is already 9.5 feet wide (almost as wide as the AIT-5 at 9.75ft).

EDIT: Would a 20mm be a better compromise or still too big?

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 6th, 2013, 5:23 am
Ok. I've been on a drawing spree for the past 3 hours.

Here is what I have:

Artillery, Self Propelled, Wheeled, 155mm. This is based on the 155 mm ShKH Zuzana 2. It is built on the chassis of the HT-158
[ img ]

Anti Aircraft, Self Propelled, Wheeled. The weapons are based off of the Flakpanzer Gepard (hence crediting to darth panda)
[ img ]

Multiple Rocket Launcher, Wheeled, 40 barrels (4.8 inch). This is based on both the WR-40 Langusta and the RM-70 MRL.
[ img ]

Top vehicles are standard configuration, bottom vehicles are equipped with a Dozer Blade.

I have also added some more variants of the MRAV-2, including a 4x4 truck.
[ img ]

There are several more variants of the HT-86 and HT-158, including a PLS (or DROPS) flatrack, a regular HT-86 with a canvas cover, and an HT-86 dump truck with a dozer blade.
[ img ]

-Ethan

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 6th, 2013, 8:44 am
Wow! Great work!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 2:03 pm
Alright! Time for a ship!

IMAGE REMOVED
Yes, it is a WIP.

To clear the air, this is a Guided Missile Helicopter Cruiser. It's primary function is 'Support and defend surface ships, submarines, and maritime trade, and act as a command and control ship for amphibious operations.'

Ok, some basic specs:

Length OA: 650ft
Beam WL: 80ft
Draft without Sonar: 25ft

Aviation complement: 8-12 helicopters.

When built: 1985-1990

Comments are welcomed, but the general concept that the ship is designed around is non-negotiable.
Thank you!

Last edited by ezgo394 on March 23rd, 2013, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
KHT
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 3:58 pm
Hm... I think the turrets you've designed looks rather sci fi -ish(not necessarly a bad thing, just my oppinion).

Also, this is more of a suggestion on how you arrange your universe, but since this is a thread were you've mostly drawn things in FD scale(I think?), I'd actually suggest that you make one thread for SB-drawings of Denton in the AU-forum.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Republic of Denton: RevisitedPosted: March 23rd, 2013, 5:59 pm
I would move one of the side phased array faces forward so it can pull off of some of the same electronics as the forward face (duplicating the Tico configuration).

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 24 of 29  [ 282 posts ]  Return to “Non-Shipbucket Drawings” | Go to page « 122 23 24 25 2629 »

Jump to: